Do You Think there will ever be a Grand Floridian DVC?

I agree - I can't see it happening. It would somehow take away from the "uniqueness" and "exclusiveness" of the GF! IMHO :)

I was told that the plan was to add a DVC at all the upscale resorts. I was surprised, and then clarified, even GF.

And was told, yes, eventually Poly and GF will have DVCs too....

But even if this is true, I think it'll be a bit down the line (after DL and CRV).

Goldi

Disclosure - This is only gossip / rumor. Know idea how accurate what I heard was.... but interesting ;)

I was told that the plan was to add a DVC at all the upscale resorts. I was surprised, and then clarified, even GF.

And was told, yes, eventually Poly and GF will have DVCs too....

But even if this is true, I think it'll be a bit down the line (after DL and CRV).

Goldi

Disclosure - This is only gossip / rumor. Know idea how accurate what I heard was.... but interesting ;)

That would be WAY TOO COOL! My life would be complete!;)

this is not my favorite hotel - but if the new non-WDW deluxe resort - Westin (I think) is a big hit. It might hurt the GF.

then they might consider a DVC there.

since the GF can't, at present, compete with a 5 star hotel.

1) Disney has discovered a good thing.
2) Prepay all the rooms at a hotel, get a big profit and get them back years later.
3) I doubt there is a place they wouldn't build a DVC.
4) Even Poly and GF.

1) Disney has discovered a good thing.
2) Prepay all the rooms at a hotel, get a big profit and get them back years later.
3) I doubt there is a place they wouldn't build a DVC.
4) Even Poly and GF.

I agree completely. I believe that eventually, we will see DVC at all Deluxe resorts (one possible exception being the Yacht Club--there is really limited space there). I don't think we will see another stand-alone deluxe; all future deluxes will be at least half DVC.

I actually think you will see a GF DVC very soon after the CR DVC. It could be done very easily by converting one lodge, and adding on a new lodge along the path to the wedding pavilion. You could easily add a WLV size lodge south of the theme pool along the path to the wedding pavilion. I also doubt point values will be much higher than current DVC hotels.

GrandFloridian_Full.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter