• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think we will have sports this fall/winter?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
We keep reading about all these sports players testing positive all across the board....baseball, football, basketball, soccer, etc.
Think they will actually get to have their seasons?

Going to be a very long winter in my house if there is no football or basketball to watch. My dh and son won’t know what to do with themselves.😃

We keep reading about all these sports players testing positive all across the board....baseball, football, basketball, soccer, etc.
Think they will actually get to have their seasons?

Going to be a very long winter in my house if there is no football or basketball to watch. My dh and son won’t know what to do with themselves.😃

yes there will be football. Baseball going to start up this month. Not worried about the other sports but they will also play. We can’t keep things shut down forever.

To me, football seems less likely every day -- especially college football.

OTOH, college football is a huge money machine for the universities...so one never knows.

Baseball is a much more socially-distant sport than either football or basketball, so I wouldn't be surprised to see college baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, and hockey.

MLB and the NBA are obviously about to start. One advantage for our Miami Marlins is that they are used to playing with nobody in the stands, lol.

I can’t imagine how you’re going to keep football players safe. They’re crowded in a locker room and have team meetings every day. A college football team can have up to 100 players. Plus, you can’t social distance or wear a mask when you’re playing. It’ll be interesting to see.

I went to a Marlins game in 2017, I knew crowds would be low but when I found out there were less than 1,600 fans there, I couldn't believe it ( https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/06/01/miami-marlins-marlins-park-attendance-no-fans ). It's a shame since the stadium was good and ticket prices were so cheap.
Yep, and the new ownership has improved both the quality of the food and the food prices. We usually go to 8-10 games a year. Depending on who they are playing, the crowds can be decent sometimes.

But the product on the field...

yes, they getting tested all the time, if they get it, they isolated, and for almost everyone its just like a little cold and your over it

My son is a D1 football player- holding out hope for a season but I think it will be interrupted- current school plan requires anyone with positive test to quarantine 14 days, have a negative test, symptom free to return to play- imagine your running backs test positive- now you have a team with no running backs. Or the linemen test- now you have no line- there is no fool prof system to keep the kids socially distanced while practicing, traveling to games, eating, etc. For my son, I hope they okay because he LOVES the game but as a realist, I don’t see it happening....

I would be absolutely stunned if they canceled fall/winter sports. It's just too much money involved. Not saying it's right but just being realistic

Not sure about pro and college sports, but I just got billed a crap ton of money for my boys’ travel soccer, so I hope it’s a go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter