Do you think you could do your parents jobs well?

My dad was a mechanic and I don’t think I’d do very well with that. My mom was always a housewife. Other than a few jobs here and there that I’ve had, the longest was just 6 years, I’ve been a housewife too. Although I don’t keep as clean of a house as she did.

My mom is a teacher and so am I. My dad was a chiropractor; don't have much interest in that!

My mother was a grocery checker and dad worked in a gas station. I could do both but would have no desire to

Daddy was a Civil Engineer - nope I don't get along well with math
Mama was a stay at home mom most of my life, she worked a little bit as a waitress here and there. No, I could not be a stay at home mom, I'm having problems being a stay at home retired person and no I could not wait tables.

My dad had two careers. He was a tractor trailer driver for a number of years and then got into management. I inherited his love of driving and finished my career as a bus driver/instructor but started in management after the service. Complete reverse. I think I did as well in both as he did. My grandfather was in WWI, my Father in WWII, my uncle in the Korean War and I made it to Vietnam. Didn't have any boys so it ended right there.

However, he had other talents. He was a mechanic, built his house stick by stick, did his own plumbing and electrical work, sang in an award winning barbershop quartet and as far as I could tell was a superior renaissance man. I can't think of a thing he couldn't do. I could, and did all those things, didn't build a house but sheds, decks and carports were my specialty, however, but never to the degree of expertise that he did.

Yep, retirement is great lol.

Dad was an Air Force officer. Mom an RN. Nope for both.

Dad was a diesel mechanic. I can do just enough to know I would want to do it for a living. Mom was a bookkeeper. I could do that but just seems boring

My stepdad is a contractor - there is no way I could do that. I am NOT handy, and beyond that I am likely to hurt myself with any sharp-edged tools. I wouldn't have a clue. On those really hot days, I am happy to be working at a computer in the comfort of an office!

Dad was a repair tech, back when consumer electronics were repairable, not disposible.
Mom was a payroll clerk before I came along, "domestic engineer" after.

I'd probably could have done Dad's job, and enjoyed it.
Mom's, not so much. I'm not fond of office work, especially involving math.
On the other hand, I could and have been a housewife - along with any other jobs I might have held.

My mom was a homemaker. I technically am 1, but I suck at it. LOL My dad was in the navy, then did some sort of computer job. He explained it to me, and I didn't get it. So there is no way I could have done his job.

My mom was a homemaker and hospital volunteer. I do my best as a part-time homemaker now, but I’m not as good as her.

My dad was an Air Force pilot then a high school shop/vocational ag teacher. I have a commercial multi-engine pilot license, so I’m pretty sure I could successfully train to fly his old plane. He flew loooong missions, so I’m not sure how enjoyable it would be. I would be a miserable failure as a high school shop/vocational ag teacher!

My Dad was in and out of jobs, but once he quit drinking he got a job with the Spectrum (RIP) as local crew helping with concert setups. I don't know about the heavy lifting, but he met lots of bands, which would be cool. My Mom's last job was in an office. I worked there for a time before my freelance career took off, so no. No thank you. I hated it. I could still do it if I could work, but no.

Nope - dad is a metallurgist and mom was an RN…both require training that I do not have…

My dad was a lumber salesman. I don't know anything about lumber, and these days I don't think the profession is no more. Most folks buy their lumber from Home Depot and Lowes, there are very few lumber yards anymore. My dad would buy a couple semi truck loads of lumber at the mills, drive to local lumber yards and try to sell the loads before they were delivered.
My mom was a Surgical RN specializing in Orthopedic and Ophthalmologic surgery. Not sure I could deal with standing over someone who was cut open, having their eyes cut, or having their leg bone drilled.

My Mom was an OB Nurse and there is no way I could do that - not the caring type and no way I want to look at that many lady parts.

My Dad was Navy. Would have liked to do that but don't think I have the perseverance for it.

my mom was a schoolteacher - I am not well-suited to that. My dad is a restauranteur, I think I could do that quite well (did work in restaurants for 20 years) but I do not want to be the owner knowing the razor-thin margins they skate on best of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter