• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you tip the Fairy Godmothers?

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
We are going to MVMCP and will have the FG come from about 4:30 until 12:30 or 1:00. This means our bill will come to about $108. (Yikes--don't tell DH!) Anyway, do you tip these women? And if so, how much. I ifgure $12 an hour is a lot, but I am certain not all of it goes to them, so....help me out. I, of course, don't want to spend more than I have too, but hate to shortchange the woman who sits for us either.

I don't know if this is considered right or not. But, last year we did not tip our Fairy Godmother. She was wonderful but "forgot" to bring toys or games with her. My kids enjoyed her company for the few hours she was there but they just watched movies, played with what they brought and went to bed. This year we will use them again (from 4-Mid). I hope she remembers to bring some "stuff" this time.

They way I look at it, it's $12/hour with a $12 travel charge. My kids will be asleep by 8:30 at the latest so she'll only really be "watching" my kids for about 1/2 the time she's there. So, I don't think I'll tip her.

We had a wonderful Fairy Godmother for our 2 year old DD on our trip last November. She looked a lot like my mother so our DD was really taken with her. We had never left our daughter with a non-relative babysitter before but this worked out great. Our DD didn't ven notice that we were leaving she was so smitten with the babysitter. We did tip as we were very pleased with the whole experience. I don't remember how much but I think we basically rounded up whatever we owed her for the evening. Does that make sense?

Denise

Gosh, we are using FG in November and I was planning on tipping $10-$15 for 4 hours. (As long as I'm pleased of course) I'm sort of thinking they don't really get too much of that $12.

Anyone else have a feel for this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter