Do you use all your snack credits during your stay OR....

Kimberle

WL Vet
do you end up hitting the gift shops for bags of treats to take home?

I try, but I always have some left. I get bags of Goofy candy and/or rice krispy treats to take home. :teeth:

We have gone to WDW 3 times with free dining. We have never used all our snack credits. We have never used all our meal credits. In 2016 our family of 5 had 10 meal credits and 15 snack credits left over. We came home with 45 snacks, mostly Goofy candy.

We come home with snacks. We choose them for their unique qualities then re-gift when we get home.

With only two of us, and traveling during food and wine, we have generally used all of our snack credits. I think it would get exponentially more difficult the larger the family is, especially adding in children (a 5 year old and 7 year old would not double the snacks we, as two adults, currently purchase). Generally I see them as possible to max out during food and wine, or if everyone in the party is a starbucks a day person (as that can be one of the two snacks).

We usually end up at the Karamell Kuche on our last day buying treats to take home. This is one of the reasons I wouldn't pay for the dining plan (we do free dining sometimes), it's way more food than I need.

Our last trip we came home with snacks. But we plan to do a better job using them up next time!

We have brought home a bunch of rice krispies treats. We do try to use them by buying snacks for other park goers.

With free dining, we ended up with extra at the end. But I wasn't concerned with using them all up.

When we paid for the plan, we only had enough to buy a few things for the trip home.

Generally have a couple of snack credits left at the end and will hit the hotel shop to get a few snacks for the airport wait/plane ride home.

We are family of six and when we went in 2016 we paid for the dining plan and had 33 snack credits left. Bought Krispie treats to give to friends and several bags of the chip and dale snack mix from the resort store for the travel home and beyond. This was one of many reasons we decided to not do the free dining bounceback we booked last summer (we are crazy,,,but we canceled the free dining with paid upgrade at a value for a room and ticket discount at a deluxe) for this August. Simply it’s too much food for us. We usually go in August and it’s so hot we found we do not eat as much. With the daily buffet we had each day and the counter meal that came with a dessert back then we just never felt the need to purchase (use a credit for) another snack for the day.

I always use all my snack credits and we always use them for the bags of candy. We usually get stuffed with the amount of food on the dining plan, so we have no reason to use the snack for anything extra to eat. I love getting the bags of candy because it is like souvenir to bring home.

I'm following this thread with interest as we'll be doing the Deluxe plan in a few months. In the past when we've done the dining plan, we've had to use up snack credits on our check-out day in the same manner as many of you have posted. My plan for this time is for my kids to use snack credits on their many slushy-type or frozen lemonade drinks. Also, planning to use snack credits for breakfast items at Mara such as potatoes, sausage, bacon, yogurt, fruit, pastries, OJ. I have zero ADR's for breakfast, so as of right now I'm thinking we actually won't have enough snack credits!! Anxious to see how this all turns out!

We never use all our snacks, no matter how hard we try. We will give it a go again this time but when we have extra, we always run over to DS and get some yummy baked goods From the sweets shop there. Cake pops and caramel apples, cupcakes and cookies. Doesn’t get any better than having those for breakfast the first couple of days home, takes the sting out of tel life a little....

I think a lot of people forget you can use a snack credit on a water bottle. I see how it can be a waste for some, but for my family it tastes better than the Florida tap water and it's more convenient than buying a large pack and carrying waters with us everywhere. Instead, we just stop at whichever vendor is nearby and use a snack credit for a water. But yes, we do typically use leftover snack credits for take home souvenirs for dog-sitters.

usually we have left over snack credits and bring home Goofy's candy, this year we are going to "try" to use them up!!! :rotfl2::rotfl:

If we have any left, it’s just one or two. We use snacks for breakfast and then a mid day snack. When we go during food and wine, we wish we had more snack coupons. If we have any left we will get a prepackaged item to bring home.

We usually end up at the Karamell Kuche on our last day buying treats to take home. This is one of the reasons I wouldn't pay for the dining plan (we do free dining sometimes), it's way more food than I need.
We go to Karamell Kuche also. It is a great place to pick up snacks for the trip home.

We don't use the ddp anymore, but when we did, we always had a lot of snack credits AND qs credits left (even if we used qsdp). We used some of them for snacks for the drive home but just left some unused too. This is one reason the ddp didn't work for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter