Do you use all your snack credits during your stay OR....

do you end up hitting the gift shops for bags of treats to take home?

I try, but I always have some left. I get bags of Goofy candy and/or rice krispy treats to take home. :teeth:
Not anymore. We get the regular DDP with 1QS, 1TS, and 2 snacks. We use the 2 snacks for a meal, usually lunch. We bring protein shakes from home to supplement our 2 snack meal.

We use most of our snacks while we are there, but usually will have a few leftover to bring home some treats for family. I often use a snack credit for a breakfast snack as I prefer to book TS lunch and dinner (do dlxdp) and then usually will get a frozen lemonade or an actual snack during the day.

We always have snack credits left over. And a heck of a lot of them at that. We always get goofy candy bags to bring home to give out. Last trip we were there 1 week we came back with about 20 snacks. What’s more is airport security said EVERYONE going home from Disney is loaded up with goofy candy so we all have the exact same idea.
We love it as we don’t have to pay OOP to bring sweets back for work colleagues and family which is great!

Snack credits always get used up, it's only 2 a day. On the deluxe plan, we usually have unused meals at the end though, usually 2 or 3 each over our 10 day trips and those I convert to snacks to bring home. This year, I'm doing regular DDP and my plan has me only using 7 of my 10 available QS, so I'll again be left with a few that I'll convert to snacks.

With only two of us, and traveling during food and wine, we have generally used all of our snack credits. I think it would get exponentially more difficult the larger the family is, especially adding in children (a 5 year old and 7 year old would not double the snacks we, as two adults, currently purchase). Generally I see them as possible to max out during food and wine, or if everyone in the party is a starbucks a day person (as that can be one of the two snacks).

I am thinking with Food and Wine Festival I may even run out of snack credit before the end of the Trip. My hubby and I intend to try at least one item from every booth. (Yes, we will be sharing most of them)

We've done free dining before and always had a lot of snack credits left over. Besides just not using them all, I was also guilty of trying to "maximize value" for the snack credits, and I would pay for something cheaper thinking we'd save the credit for a more expensive snack. This trip I realized how stupid that was because we always had so many unused, and I vowed to use a snack credit for anything we wanted that was eligible. If by some chance we ran out before the end of the trip, we'd pay out of pocket for anything additional we still wanted.

This trip we only had 3 snack credits left at the end, which I was pretty pleased with. I think what helped use them up was that we had a 2 year old who wasn't on the dining plan but we used credits for his snacks too, we tried quite a few items at the Flower & Garden booths, we got bagels/pastries/etc for breakfast from the food court, and we had no problem using them just for bottles of water, Powerade or a simple popsicle when the kids were hot. We used the leftovers to get a few bags of candy for the flight home.

Last time (which was also my first time), I forgot about snacks for the first few days of the trip. I was eventually able to use most of them and I only had 3 bags of candy to take home. I was also on the Deluxe Dining Plan and I skipped a few breakfasts, so for the last couple of days I ended up going to quite a few more 2 Credit restaurants than I originally planned.

I got had of Dole Whips and Orange Juices on the last couple of days. Remembering to keep track of that stuff was probably the hardest part of the trip for me, seeing as how I usually don't eat all that much at home.

Our problem is that our two kids are totally tube fed which means my husband and I get all of the credits since everyone in the room must have the plan. We like the plan because it makes our meals prepaid and we don’t need to worry. TS isn’t a big problem because we can book a lot of signature restaurants and/or use in room dining. I’ll take any suggestions for CS and snack credits. We will be there during Food and Wine.

When we first tried ddp we had both meal credits & snack credits left over
In fact; when we checked out the cm said she'd never seen so many left over credits!
The following trip we still had plenty remaining-
With qsdp we used them up too quickly

And with the introduction of Starbucks in the parks-none left at all...
In fact none left prior to the end of d ddp ending :rolleyes1

Maybe it’s just me but I literally have a spreadsheet of snacks I want to try in each park.:magnify: That way I catch everything I typically want to

We stay value and upgraded from QS free dining to DDP. We use up all of our snack credits easily. We have two teen girls who do not eat breakfasts and often share a single QS lunch and then each have a TS dinner. That means we end up with unused QS credits. My wife and I use some of them for a breakfast before the girls get up but still had a few QS's left.

how do you use 2 snacks for a meal? Just combine when order? I didn't know you could do that?

You can't use snack credits to make a meal credit. You can convert meal credits to snacks, but not the other way around. You can buy a few snacks and make a meal out of them (not a meal credit, just count it as enough food to have been a full meal).

We tend to have snack credits left even after using them daily for breakfast but shopping at Karamell Kuche makes some nice treats to bring back home whether we keep them or give them away as "wish you were here" gifts.

With only two of us, and traveling during food and wine, we have generally used all of our snack credits. I think it would get exponentially more difficult the larger the family is, especially adding in children (a 5 year old and 7 year old would not double the snacks we, as two adults, currently purchase). Generally I see them as possible to max out during food and wine, or if everyone in the party is a starbucks a day person (as that can be one of the two snacks).

I think that makes sense. As a just two adults heading to the F&W festival in September I actually anticipate running out of snack credits before the end of the trip easily because I plan to use most of them on the booth offerings were I can.

I would have bought snacks to take home to family and friends if I had some leftover! Our family ran out of snack credits a full 24 hours before check-out during a 7 night stay, and that was with us trying to ration them by not spending it on any items under $4. This is in addition to the popcorn bucket that we paid cash for. We spent it on coffee drinks, smoothie drinks, yogurt parfaits during breakfast, food at the lobby convenience store (zebra domes, lunchables, frozen pizza, a quart of milk), and I twice substituted having a snack soup instead of a lunch (butternut squash at Mara which was delicious, and some other soup at sunshine seasons).

We always go during Food and Wine (and there are just 2 of us, so much less credits than a large family), but we do always use ours up. Last year was the first time we had 20 snacks instead of just 10 because we did the Deluxe Dining plan and we still used them all up and had to pay OOP for a new things toward the end.

It's just my husband and me, so we always use all our snack credits. One snack for breakfast, quick service lunch, snack during the day/evening, sit down dinner. That's how we've done it. The Disney Hunger is real in my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter