Do you wallpaper your CM pages?

christiansmom

DVC Member-BWV 9/2000
Hi:

I am fairly new to scrapbooking and bought a bunch of supplies at at CM class. I have a CM 12x12 album. As I have done some investigating on my own, I have discovered that I prefer color vs. the white backgrounds. I love paper tearing, embellishments ala Becky Higgins style scrapbooking. I have been adhering cardstock or patterned paper to my CM pages. My friend said that our CM coordinator told her that the album will fall apart b/c of the weight of the pages if wallpapered. Anyone experience this?

Thanks!!

Lisa - btw, Bev....I love your SeaWorld layout! :)

Hi Lisa

Thanks :) I can't really answer your question, but loads of people talk about wallpapering there albums so I can't imagine it;'s a problem - I have been sticking to top loading albums for this reason, but still have far to many pages in my disney album.

I think you might find you have to use less pages in the album - maybe a CMC can answer this?

Bev

I used to wallpaper my CM pages all the time (our first WDW trip album is over 50 pages, most "wallpapered") but lately, since I'm playing catch-up big time on my photos, I haven't been wallpapering as much.

I know CM tells customers not to do this, but I do it anyway. :)

My SIL does a lot of "gutting" to take out some of the bulk. Let's see if I can explain this. For instance, instead of using a whole piece (5x7) to frame a 4x6 picture she uses a coluzzle to cut a frame, so the inside of that mat is gone. Does that make sense?
Anyway, for wall paper I don't see that one thin sheet would cause that much trouble (causing album to fall apart.) Since I use page protectors I use my wallpaper sheet as my page sometimes instead of cardstock.

I wallpaper every page in my CM albums, even if I am using a white background.

I do agree that it gets kind of heavy when it is completely full.

Chessie

I "wallpaper" a lot and I use CM albums. If the weight is a problem, you can just put less pages per album. I've never had trouble with an album falling apart (knock on wood :D ), and I tend to overload my albums.

Maybe some CM consultants are purists or just want to push their supplies?

I personally don't like to wallpaper my pages, but I know it's a personal preference thing. If you do want to wallpaper your pages, I would suggest 2 things. First, try to use paper instead of cardstock since cardstock is thicker. And second, don't put as many pages in your album as you would if you didn't wallpaper. Those are just my personal recommendations. :)

I agree with what others have said - if you wallpaper use less pages per album. CM's philosphy is "Simple Pages, Complted Albums". They advocate less decoration and more simple pages. I am not a CM purist and choose not to wallpaper as a personal preference. However, many of my pages are not "simple" and contain more weight than if I had wallpaperd. Use your own good sense about the weight of your album. CM albums are very good quality and will hold up to quite a bit. Enjoy.

Lisa

OK Ladies....Here's the CMC voice....CM does not suggest wallpapering as it does make the album quite heavy. The strap hinge binding can take quite a bit of weight, but has been known to tear through the album front and back under excessive weight. In fact, I've seen a customer tear through the back cover just by tightening it to much! However, I believe it's the "Simple Pages Completed Albums" philosophy that drives the suggestion. That is also why our papers are 10x12 instead of 12x12. That said, if you want to wallpaper your pages you go right ahead! Just be aware of the weight on your pages. Use thinner paper instead of heavy cardstock. When double matting a photo, cut out a chunk of the paper beneath the photo that won't show. Does that make sense?

For those of you who don't like the white pages have you seen the new sand pages coming out in September?

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter