• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you watch Disney movies before you head to the world?

Reddog1134

DIS Veteran
I've always wanted to start a Disney video collection and I finally did with the Blu ray release of Snow White (I highly recommend, btw). I haven't even watched the actual film yet, just the special features and it really has me psyched up for my next trip. So it had me wondering if anyone watched Disney films before their trip?

Also, I was reading an article about the history of Disney animation and it referred to the era from Snow White to Sleeping Beauty as “the Golden Age” and the era from Little Mermaid to Tarzan as “the Renaissance”.

Does anyone feel that Disney is heading towards another renaissance? They’ve returned to standard animation and 2 of their 3 upcoming films (The Princess and the Frog, Rapunzel) seem to be in the classic Disney tradition.

Always. I rewatch the Pixar and have netflixed a lot of the old ones I missed and rewatched a few. Gets the Pixie dust levels up.

Our youngest turned 3 in October and before our trip the first week of Oct this year, we ordered as many Disney films through netflix that we could. It really affected how much he enjoyed the rides and the characters.

I think he'll remember this trip more becaused he was familiar with many of the characters before we went.

We watch them all the time in our house anyways. They are some of my kids favorites. In anticipation of our trip, I will be getting some of the ones that we don't know for the kids to see so that they become familiar with even more characters.

My obsession for all things Disney reaches a fever pitch before our trips. I look at the planning Videos, Disney Movies, Travel Channel Specials, Youtube videos of Parades and fireworks etc. It really gets me in the spirit!:wizard:

DH & I went through the park maps and made a list of all of the movies that have rides/attractions based on them in the hopes of watching all the movies on the list before our trip! We have watched a ton, some we hadn't seen in awhile (like Lion King and Peter Pan), and ones we had never seen (Dinosaur). It's been a lot of fun! I actually just finished watching Lilo & Stitch, and can now cross if off the list. :thumbsup2

I think I'm driving my neighbors a little crazy with all the borrowing of the Disney movies. I want my girls to be familiar with all of them before we go. One month left and lots of movies still to watch...:)

Absolutely. That is a ritual in our house. It gets everyone pumped up for the trip. :goodvibes

Before we took our 2 and 3 year olds this summer, we had to "Disneyfy" them with all the classics. We watched Disney movies during the 20 hour drive to Orlando (and what a drive that was)!

I started watching all the disney movies also. And I look on youtube and watch all the travel channel specials. :happytv: when im done with that, i go on the DIS! :surfweb:

We definitely do. In fact, I just finished watching the new Tinkerbell movie (by myself). The boys didn't want to join me with that one! I do like watching the old classics, though, too! We also watch films about Disney World. Love it!!

We do!!! It really helps psyche us up and gets my kids ready for recognizing and remembering all the stories behind the characters! We love movies, especially Disney ones!

We watch Disney movies all the time so before trips is no different. I think my daughter owns just about every disney movie that is on DVD. We have a very very very long car ride ahead of us (1030 miles one way) so we will also watch them all the way to Disney World.

I think I'm driving my neighbors a little crazy with all the borrowing of the Disney movies. I want my girls to be familiar with all of them before we go. One month left and lots of movies still to watch...:)

hijack

hi- i think you arrive the day before we do- i have 2 girls, too. #1 will be 5 on 12/14 and younger will be 2 on 1/3. Are you planning on taking breaks during the day?

We absolutely do. We are showing our boys all the movies that they will encounter in March at WDW. This includes stuff like Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean as well as The Wizard of Oz and old episodes of the muppet show. Anything they will encounter on their trip. It gets us all in the Disney spirit!:goodvibes

My son always watches Disney movies on the drive up and back from Disney. It's about a three hour drive each way. It gets him in the mood.

I keep renting all of them from the library for my kids :) I just got Swiss Family Robinson (one of my favorites) to watch this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter