Do you watch Disney movies before you head to the world?

We do it too, its a great way to get excited. Esp the ride movies like Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion.

We watch Disney movies nonstop but have started to watch the entire archived House of Mouse and Twas The Night Before Christmas...it's our first Christmas at the world and we are so excited!!!:cool1:

We watch Disney movies during the trip planning stage! We are telling all of the kids (our two daugters, three nieces and three nephews) on Christmas day that we will be taking a "Family Trip" to WDW in May 2011 for 10 days and we plan to watch Disney movies after Christmas dinner and gift opening. I plan to bring the Pirates Trilogy and possibly Toy Story.

Um I watch Sleeping Beauty once a week anyway....does that count ;)

My obsession for all things Disney reaches a fever pitch before our trips. I look at the planning Videos, Disney Movies, Travel Channel Specials, Youtube videos of Parades and fireworks etc. It really gets me in the spirit!:wizard:

Does anyone know of any good travel planning specials online? Someone also mentioned on a board that there is a great Discovery Channel special on Expedition Everest, but I have not been able to find it.

I started the pre-trip movie-watching this week! :rotfl: I work at a hotel on 3rd shift, and we have a small selection of movies available for rent in to lobby. Our Disney selection isn't amazing, but it's enough to keep my happy and help pass the time until our trip. So far I've watched Mulan and Tarzan. :cutie:

DGF and I just watched Mary Poppins yesterday. We'll probably watch Sleeping Beauty tomorrow. We've crossed 17 movies of our list so far. :thumbsup2
My favorite so far is Lilo & Stitch. :stitch2:

Yes I pack them for the ride down. The last time I bought Swiss Family Robinson the kids had never seen it before and we had gone through the three house and never understood what it was from now they do.:rotfl:

We watch Disney movies all the time, but it increases as we get closer to our trip. On the trip down whenever my baby sister is awake she watches Disney movies on the car ride down. :thumbsup2

We have about a 7 hour drive with stops and Disney movies are the only thing allowed in the DVD player in my car for the drive. This past trip we did pull in POTC for the ride which was a new addition to the choices

This discussion would be a better fit on the theme parks community board so I'm going to move it there now.

I love to watch Disney movies whether planning a trip or not. I am a total sucker for Beauty and the Beast.

Disney movies are like chocolate, and you can never have too much chocolate. :lovestruc

Well, I'm an amateur illustrator and a WDW nut, but I don't "psyche-up" using the movies. Though I love them, I generally only watch them in very occasional spurts. And I don't associate them with Disney World much at all.

Also, I was reading an article about the history of Disney animation and it referred to the era from Snow White to Sleeping Beauty as “the Golden Age” and the era from Little Mermaid to Tarzan as “the Renaissance”.

Does anyone feel that Disney is heading towards another renaissance? They’ve returned to standard animation and 2 of their 3 upcoming films (The Princess and the Frog, Rapunzel) seem to be in the classic Disney tradition.

I would definitely not predict a renaissance, though admittedly the Disney animation imprimater guarantees they'll keep going and going, even in this "rough time" for movies. I just think the direct-to-DVD things (even though some are fine), CGI saturation, the continuing success of other animation studios, and the cross-media nature of releasing a property today will keep any new magic from 1) possibly hitting and 2)definitely from sticking.

That said, I hope the reviews for Frog indicate it has a little more charm than the last few 2D Disneys. Then I'll see it right away.

I'm watching the Disney movies! My family's planning a trip next May, and I'm trying to get us to watch the classics. The Aristocats came on the Disney channel yesterday morning, so I taped it and I'm going to watch it later. We also just watched one of the Disney World specials we rented from Netflix, and it was very exciting to go, "Oh, we have to ride that when we go!" And, "I can't wait to try that one!" Our netflix queue is full of the Disney classics we need to see.

I think seeing the movies definitely helps. We went to Disneyland Paris last year, and they have an Alice in Wonderland maze. I hadn't ever seen the movie. A few months after we got back, I watched it, and realized just how well-themed the maze was. So now I'm trying to watch all the movies I can before our trip so I can appreciate everything!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter