• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do your teen/college age children enjoy cruising on Disney?

Dramatic Muffin

Earning My Ears
I took my three daughters on a DCL cruise when they were 9, 5 and 22mos. They loved it then. But it was so expensive for us that we didn't go again until this past December, when they were 21, 17 and 13. At first the oldest didn't even want to go, but then she changed her mind and came. It was only a three-night cruise (our first was a 7-night), but we had so much fun! They still love the characters and the shows. And they think that Castaway Cay is the most beautiful place ever. The younger girls didn't go to the clubs, as they didn't want to leave their older sister out. They liked being able to roam the ship as they pleased. It was a really special, bonding trip for us and we all are excited to do it again.

How do your older kids feel about cruising on DCL? Are they too "cool" for it?

My daughters were 10 & 4 the first time we cruised DCL. 12 cruises later and at 26 & 19 they both still love DCL cruises. My oldest DD actually met her husband on a Disney cruise. After all the years in the clubs(especially the teen club) my youngest wasn't sure how it would be last year when she was 18. She had a blast and said it was just as much fun as an "adult", as it was in the kids clubs.(If not better)

I'm cruising next week with oldest DD and her husband and will be on the DVC Member cruise with my youngest in August. Can't wait!!

Yes!!! We started cruising in 1998 with DCL when our kids were young. They loved it then and we have been back a few times with them as adults...they still love it!!! Our son got engaged on the Fantasy in 2012 and they are about to have a baby next month and our one DD just had a baby 3 weeks ago and our other DD has been telling her boyfriend all about DCL and we all have a DCL cruise planned for summer of 2016...on to creating the next generation of DCL addicts. Can't wait to take my grandkids on DCL.

Since we took our kids on DCL over the years two of them are Platinum and one is gold and can get the perks for their families now.

MJ

Yes!!! We started cruising in 1998 with DCL when our kids were young. They loved it then and we have been back a few times with them as adults...they still love it!!! Our son got engaged on the Fantasy in 2012 and they are about to have a baby next month and our one DD just had a baby 3 weeks ago and our other DD has been telling her boyfriend all about DCL and we all have a DCL cruise planned for summer of 2016...on to creating the next generation of DCL addicts. Can't wait to take my grandkids on DCL.

Since we took our kids on DCL over the years two of them are Platinum and one is gold and can get the perks for their families now.

MJ

We now take my little grand daughter with us. So our last cruise I had my youngest daughter who is 12 and my grand daughter who had just turned 4. They had a blast together and were still able to squeeze in one more trip to the kid's "club".

My daughter will be 14 when we sail in December of this year (her 9th DCL cruise). She eats, sleeps and dreams Disney and would live on the ships if she was able. My nephew just turned 18, has cruised DCL twice and is trying to figure out a way to go with us next year when his college is out for Spring Break.

My 17 yro is burning out. His request for graduation trip next spring was "no Disney". No parks or cruises with Disney. :scared: My 19 yro refers to his recent 14-night Panama Canal cruise as the best 2 weeks of his life. :love1:

My daughter was 11 when we took our first cruise. She just turned 21 yesterday and is as excited about our upcoming 7th cruise as she was on the first. We were a little concerned about when she turned 18 and would not have access to the kids clubs, but it was literally no issue. She still loves her character's and there is no better place to meet them than on the ship. She is definitely a DCL addict (as are my husband and I!).:flower1:

Our boys (twins) will be seniors this school year and we are going on a Western Caribbean cruise for their graduation trip. I'm a little nervous that they will be bored with only the 18-20 Society and not a separate club.

Both of my kids are now 20-somethings and while both love the Parks deeply, neither one has even the slightest interest in cruising. In general, not just on DCL.

My kids, both grown up and one married, would live on board if they could. Someday soon we will get the grandkids hooked too.

My DD(20) would go to Alaska ONLY on a Disney Cruise. For her 21st birthday coming up in Nov. we are celebrating by going on the Alaska cruise in Aug. with post trip to Disneyland. November going to WDW to celebrate and attend the MVMCP. Finish celebrating on the DCL Southern Caribbean in Jan. We are also booked on the cruise leaving out of NYC, Oct 2016. YES, she enjoys Disney :simba:

We were just on The Dream in May for my oldest daughter's college graduation trip. My kids are 23, 19 & 15 and they all loved it. We are in the planning stages for the next one.

Haven't been on my 1st cruise yet, but I will be next week! :) This was a graduation gift and I was allowed to pick anything to do (within reason), and I chose DCL. I'm 100% sure i'm going to love it. (I'm 24)

I have a 15 year old son who loves cruising on Disney. He loves his independence and being able to play up on the sports deck until all hours, as well as going to movies, and doing other things of his choice. It is a great place to give this age some independence and let them spread their wings a little in a safe environment. :) :) :)

We started cruising 3 years ago. My daughter will be 18 and in her first year of college when we sail on the Wonder in December and she couldn't be more excited! She talks about it constantly.
Quite frankly, I don't see it changing and, of course, I hope that it never does.

Our now 22 year old son still LOVES everything Disney, WDW and especially Disney Cruise Line. Now that he is older he does not go on each and every cruise with us any more, he is not at all happy about that. In fact, now that I think of it a Disney vacation is the only vacation that he actually still wants to tag along with the old folks :rolleyes:

We all did the Disney Fantasy last Christmas (his first time as an adult & 21) and it was kind of strange having him hanging out with us in the bars :D

:genie: Wish I was on a DCL ship right now! Bummer, still in my living room :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter