Doctor Strange II

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I saw a preview of a new Doctor Strange sequel that will debut May 6th on Disney+ and from the preview I saw Wanda from Wandavision will appear in this new sequel of Doctor Strange and when I discovered Wanda was gonna appear in the Doctor Strange sequel I got so excited and now also have a Doctor Strange plushie arriving soon. Was Wanda and Doctor Strange girlfriend and boyfriend before Wanda married Vision? I wonder what Wanda's role will be in the movie?

Just a note, Doctor Strange will be in theaters, not Disney+ right away. It willl certianly come to the service later, but it will have a theatrical exclusive window.

If you watched teh very end of WandaVision it sets up for Dr. Strange, with Wanda viewing the multivers the way Strange did in Avengers Infinity War. She's probably looking for a way to save Vision and her kids.

In the movies, I don't think Doctor Strange and Wanda would have even met until Endgame, after they came back from the blip. The first Doctor Strange movie was after Civil War, so Wanda was already on the run with Cap.

Sounds like an awesome movie. Do you think the White Vision will also appear with Doctor Strange in the movie to assist him as well? Already I have started having a new crush this time on Benedict Cumberbatch and think he is cute but when he's Doctor Strange Benedict looks cool. Why is it every time a new Marvel movie comes I seem to develop crushes on the heroes? Probably that's just how I am
Thank you so much for the awesome info Brian once again you amaze me with your knowledge
Dodger

In the movies, I don't think Doctor Strange and Wanda would have even met until Endgame, after they came back from the blip. The first Doctor Strange movie was after Civil War, so Wanda was already on the run with Cap.

They kind of messed with all that over the years. Previously the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were mutants and alleged to be the children of Magneto. I guess that was changed like a lot of things were changed because, well comic books.

They kind of messed with all that over the years. Previously the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were mutants and alleged to be the children of Magneto. I guess that was changed like a lot of things were changed because, well comic books.

It was changed in the MCU because Marvel didn't have the rights to use Magneto or mutants at the time they brought them in. Now that Disney owns Fox, though, there could be a Wanda and Quicksilver out in the multiverse who are Magneto's kids.

It was changed in the MCU because Marvel didn't have the rights to use Magneto or mutants at the time they brought them in. Now that Disney owns Fox, though, there could be a Wanda and Quicksilver out in the multiverse who are Magneto's kids.

They already established who their parents were in Sokovia, although I guess they could always find some way to retcon it. And of course now Professor X has found a way into the MCU.

They already established who their parents were in Sokovia, although I guess they could always find some way to retcon it. And of course now Professor X has found a way into the MCU.

No need to retcon, they could just be from a different universe. Anything is possible in the multiverse.

The current thinking/rumor is that it will be explained that the reason Hydra was able to be successful with both Wanda and Pietro is BECAUSE they were mutants. This was unknown at the time.

As for Wanda and Pietro's parentage, that's a complete mess in the comics. They've retconned that story so often that nobody really knows for sure which story to believe.

If you watched the trailer for DS2, you'll most likely have heard a voice that sounds VERY familiar. Again, the current thinking/rumor is that this individual is part of what is known as the Illuminati. If this does turn out to be the case, it gives Marvel an opportunity to introduced new characters that have previously been unseen in the MCU. These new characters would greatly expand the MCU.

The current thinking/rumor is that it will be explained that the reason Hydra was able to be successful with both Wanda and Pietro is BECAUSE they were mutants. This was unknown at the time.

As for Wanda and Pietro's parentage, that's a complete mess in the comics. They've retconned that story so often that nobody really knows for sure which story to believe.

If you watched the trailer for DS2, you'll most likely have heard a voice that sounds VERY familiar. Again, the current thinking/rumor is that this individual is part of what is known as the Illuminati. If this does turn out to be the case, it gives Marvel an opportunity to introduced new characters that have previously been unseen in the MCU. These new characters would greatly expand the MCU.

I prefer them as not mutants. Heck, I prefer every character as not mutants - they have made mutants so awful in the comics and destroyed any affinity I ever had for those characters. I could care less if they ever breing X-Men into the MCU - in fact I would prefer that they didn't! It's the worst franchise that Disney owns - they should just bury it and never speak of it again.

Mutants in comics became a problem because Marvel got lazy in character origins. The writers didn't have to come up with an origin story; they're a mutant! So, more and more mutant characters kept popping up in Marvel comics.

Even Marvel eventually realized that there were way too many mutants in their comics. So, in the 2005 "House of M" series, Wanda Maximoff took care of it by simply uttering, "No more mutants." Where there were hundreds of thousands of mutants, there were now only a small fraction of that number.

OIP.gYL8_fcT_JYy8BRvqwdjAQHaB-

Mutants in the MCU wouldn't be bad unless Marvel once again gets lazy and tries to make almost every new character a mutant. That's just lazy writing.

Mutants in comics became a problem because Marvel got lazy in character origins. The writers didn't have to come up with an origin story; they're a mutant! So, more and more mutant characters kept popping up in Marvel comics.

Even Marvel eventually realized that there were way too many mutants in their comics. So, in the 2005 "House of M" series, Wanda Maximoff took care of it by simply uttering, "No more mutants." Where there were hundreds of thousands of mutants, there were now only a small fraction of that number.

OIP.gYL8_fcT_JYy8BRvqwdjAQHaB-

Mutants in the MCU wouldn't be bad unless Marvel once again gets lazy and tries to make almost every new character a mutant. That's just lazy writing.

The mistake they made with them was creating so many kids to populate the school a la the movie. When previously there were only a few hundred named characters, there were now thousands upon thousands of unnamed mutants, most with very lame powers. Then it all became about this monolithic "race" instead of fun characters with cool powers. Emulating that pretyt mediocre at best movie was the worst thing they could have done. At this point, the X-Men are so twisted and unrecognizeable that I have absolutely no affinity for them. They are damaged beyond all repair!

In the movies, Fox really mishandled the X-Men. So far, Disney has done pretty well with the Marvel characters, so I'm willing to give them a chance to fix the X-Men (and the Fantastic Four).

In the movies, Fox really mishandled the X-Men. So far, Disney has done pretty well with the Marvel characters, so I'm willing to give them a chance to fix the X-Men (and the Fantastic Four).

Oh, I trust the MCU Movie folks, but the comics have been mishandled so badlly, that I simply don't care for the characters anymore. When the mutants are all racists, I don't care for the characters in any incarnation anymore.

Despite Patrick Stewart stating otherwise, it appears he makes an appearance as Charles Xavier. (His voice can clearly be heard in the trailer.) Since he uses the word "we", I would imagine that Professor X is part of the Illuminati group that appeared in the comics.

It would be a good way to introduce Disney/Marvel's new Mr. Fantastic (of the Fantastic Four) and also Namor the Sub-Mariner. We'll have to wait and see, though.

Last edited:
Despite Patrick Stewart stating otherwise, it appears he makes an appearance as Charles Xavier. (His voice can clearly be heard in the trailer.) Since he uses the word "we", I would imaging that Professor X is part of the Illuminati group that appeared in the comics.

It would be a good way to introduce Disney/Marvel's new Mr. Fantastic (of the Fantastic Four) and also Namor the Sub-Mariner. We'll have to wait and see, though.

the Illuminati was one of the worst ideas in Marvel Comics history. I hope they don't go that way.

I found out that Paul Bettany might make a cameo appearence as the White Vision in Doctor Strange II and when I heard the news I was so excited because I adore White Vision a lot. Already they are predicting Doctor Strange II will be a hit and the movie hasn't even hit theaters yet

Okay, I've seen it. It's...something. I'm still not sure I love all this multiverse junk. There are a lot of good things though, including Danny Elfman's score. It's maybe a tad more violent than I would have preferred, but not too bad.

This is not too spoilery, but they introduced some concepts from the compics that had me cringing because I can't stand them, but the movie also makes it pretty clear that those concepts are failures, so I actually appreciated it.

Overall, it's fine, mid to lower of the pack int he MCU for me, but that's still pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter