Does anybody else miss...

WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran
The fcn that used to mark threads "read" (change them from bold to normal) after a few hours (or less... I was never really able to figure out what the controlling parameters actually were and that worried me sometimes too)?

To me, it is VERY difficult to follow the board now, to the extent that I'm re-evaluating whether it's worth the time investment.

This is a serious breakdown as far as I'm concerned.

I used to sit on a page, come back 3-4 hours (or less) later, hit refresh, and boom; everything that was posted/modified since I last looked was bold and everything else was normal.

This may seem like a small thing but my bet is that more of you probably did something similar with this fcn without even realizing it.

You can Mark Forums Read from the top of the screen. You'll want to do this before you log-out or finish viewing. Then the next time you return/refresh, only those threads with a newer post will be bold.

I actually like the new system because I can pop in quickly even if I don't have time to fully review a lot of threads/posts, and I don't lose my place. Previously, I always lost my place if I only had a few minutes or got called away and left the screen for more than maybe 20-30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter