Does anybody know if housekeeping has resumed in hotels?

NightGuardianAngel

Mouseketeer
Does anybody know, based on their experience lately, if housekeeping in hotel is done more often? Last time I heard since COVID 19 is guests had to clean their own rooms while singing “Whistle While You Work.”

They come Come in drop off clean towels and toiletries and empty trash every other day.

I'm only speaking to hotel or cash villa reservations with this post, not DVC rooms booked with points. You see varied experience reports so it's a little hard to answer with definitive statements.

As for what Disney states in writing.... Disney housekeeping is providing "modified service every other day of your stay":

During Your Stay

Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include:

• Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
In addition, housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

You can decline the above every other day service as well.

In practice, the following has generally (key word) been occuring:
- Club Level rooms are getting daily regular service (including bed making)
- GF rooms are getting daily regular service (including bed making)
- Deluxe Resort rooms (other than GF) are getting regular every other day service (including bed making) *you see inconsistent reports in this category... sometimes daily, sometimes not, etc.
- All other resort levels are getting the "modified service every other day" *you see inconsistent reports in this category too

The inconsistency of experiences (daily or every other day, full service including beds or just light service) is hard to pin down... I personally suspect it's a combination of rogue housekeepers, Disney messing up the schedule, continued staffing challenges, etc.

One can always call for trash pickup sheets, towels, etc, at any time - in my experience they are usually quite quick to respond.

I think in theory the deluxe resorts have every day full housekeeping. I say in theory since it seems hit or miss. I was at BWI in September and requested none and my room was cleaned totally twice and trash emptied the other days. I'm assuming the trash was the daily room checks. I was a little mad on the days they cleaned since I hadn't expected them to and had stuff laying around I would have usually picked up if I knew they were coming. Nothing big just days worth of pocket empty stuff on the dresser and shoes and rain gear I had been drying spread out on the floor. I usually hang my towels, put my dirty clothes in a bag and my toiletries all replaced in the hanging toiletry bag every dat so other then taking out the trash and replacing coffee supplies I don't need them in my room.

I feel like every other day is hard for staff to keep track of, and if you're in the room when they're ready to clean but you're not ready for them to clean, they don't always come back. I think on an 8 night stay we only got full housekeeping once or twice?

We did change rooms after the first night, and I think that threw off the schedule for our second room.

I feel like every other day is hard for staff to keep track of, and if you're in the room when they're ready to clean but you're not ready for them to clean, they don't always come back. I think on an 8 night stay we only got full housekeeping once or twice?

We did change rooms after the first night, and I think that threw off the schedule for our second room.
Every-other-day was never full service every-other-day, it was trash and towels.

We are staying at shades of green, and I’m not sure if that will follow suit as the other deluxe resorts

We had daily full housekeeping at our Yacht club stay except for the day we accidentally left the room occupied sign on the door, that day we received a call.

We were told at check in I think (it was a late arrival and I was really tired) that housekeeping would be every other day, so I was really really happy to have every day housekeeping.

We received fresh towels, bed made, bath room cleaned, trash removed, coffee supplies and toiletries replaced. I tipped well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter