• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anybody know why you can't split stay with UK 14 day Disney Tickets

This is my happyface

Earning My Ears
We thought it would be nice to do 6 days WL then 6 days AKL when we went to Orlando (off to US after hence the weird numbers of days) however all the TA's we went through said it wasn't possible? Anybody know why this is the case, can't believe Disney IT systems can't cope, they do it all the time for US ones?

From what I gather you can do this, but if also wanting free dining then it would not be possible to get free dining throughout your stay. That's because you have to book a hotel and ticket package to qualify. You could book 1 hotel and link 14 days tickets to it, then book other without if booking direct with disney. Hope this makes sense :confused3 :thumbsup2

If you book your accommodation as stand alone via the WDW website then you can do this. If you book a package with either dining, tickets or both via the WDW website then you are into two separate packages. So you can do it, but you would have to buy two sets of tickets and with the 7 day tickets costing the same as 14 day tickets that's a really false economy. Also you could only qualify for free dining if you made two package bookings. Again the two sets of tickets issue kicks in.

I don't know why travel agents won't do it as I never use them but I would guess they are booking packages from Disney as a broker, therefore the above issues will apply.

I hope this makes sense! I think I've told you the right answer.

Yes, both of these make sense, already booked the package, too lazy to split it (and seems to be cheaper to go outside of Disney direct and the part 2 at UA is a none starter without diy, if/when we go again I may look into that though), I did have the feedback about requiring 2* 7 days tickets and you are also correct unless I had won the lottery :) think I got a reasonably good deal through Kenwood as a package, just frustrated me a bit.

I wasn't in the free dining window and the dining plan is definitely not cost effective but that is a whole different thread

Thanks

Its a shame isn't it? I'd love to try one of the Epcot resort hotels but I know my son & husband wouldn't. I think theyd let me book it if we did a split stay.

A split stay is possible but has to be made as two reservations.

If you want the DDP (either paid or free) you have to add tickets to your room reservation to qualify.

If you don't want the DDP then you can just book two room only reservations - and any TA worth anything should know that. You can add tickets & DDP to the first as well if you want and the tickets would be valid after check out until they expire.

Im confused. We have done two different hotels the last 4 visits. Two of them without free dining and onle with 5 days with free dining which we did first before doing the dcl.The tickets were just transferred to the new kttw card. Perhaps its because we did not have the free dining. With dvc we stay at 2 different resorts. Elise has the right answer

Just show the the beach club pool!
Theyre not into swimming, I love the pool there though.

I think they're waiting for the rumoured Star Wars hotel :rotfl:
If so theyre in for a long wait.

I know we can book 2 different reservations but usually our trips come with free dining. If ever its cheaper without the free dining, I may just book 2 reservations. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter