• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone decorate their wheelchair or ECV?

Bete

DIS Veteran
We will be three ECV users on our trip in October. I decided to make Disney signs that I can attach to our baskets. I think this will make them easy to spot; also, it's sort of fun and puts you in a better spirit. I think you could do it for strollers, too.

I did park signs on regular 8-1/2 X11 paper and then laminated them for weather problems. I punched holes in each; so, I can attach them with string onto the front of our baskets.

Anyone else with any other suggestions?

:cheer2: :smooth: princess: :wave2:

I hang my DVC license plate on the back of my ECV and tie lime green ribbons on the handle bars. :moped:

MJ's new chair is on order and I will probably be getting a new one soon too, so ours aren't really decorated now, but the new ones will be. One thing that we do do with MJ's chair is that we pin all of her Disney Pins to an artisits canvas and attach that to her chair above her head. The CM's love picking out "their" pin and the guests seem to get a kick out of it too....When we get our more permanent chairs I intened to put a flagpole on it (think bicycle kind) with flags from the various boards I belong to.

We found some stick on glow in the dark stars in various sizes at Target in the area where they have stationary and party favors.
We scattered them all over DD's wheelchair. Some are on the back of her seat, a few on her armrests and we also scattered them on the frame of her tires. We put them on in March of 2004, thinking they would stay for our WDW trip and then have to be removed. They have held up much better than I thought and they are still on the wheelchair because they still look good.
Because they glow in the dark, they show up in some of the dark attractions where she stays in her wheelchair. They also make her a bit more visible during the evening hours in the parks.

Sue I like that idea. Sounds really neat. Might just do something like that myself to make the chair more visible.

Talking Hands said:
Sue I like that idea. Sounds really neat. Might just do something like that myself to make the chair more visible.
Thanks.
We've gotten a lot of comments about it. One of the things I like is that it's not too Disney-ish to leave on when we are not at WDW and it's also not childish looking. A few stars have gotten damaged over the year and I was able to peel them off without causing any damage or leaving any mess.

I have a Figment Bicycle License Plate glued to the back, as well as a large Cheshire Cat Sticker. Also my key fob is a lime green Disboards soft plastic "1".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter