Does anyone else get really anxious before they go on Holiday?

fairytale

DIS Veteran
Hiya all.

Well my time is nearly here and although I feel like bouncing of the ceiling as I am soooo excited, I always seem to get a really uneasy anxious feeling the week before we go.

I dont know whether its due to us having had quite a rough time over the last couple of years due to the ecomomy etc.. During our 2008 visit we discovered one of our clients had entered in to administration on us taking our company for thousands. I dont know whether this has maybe left a mark on me as I keep feeling something bad might happen whilst were away. I was the same last year and the year before. It just really puts a dampner on my spirit :confused:

Anyone else in the same boat, I think partly you want everything to be sooo perfect after months of planning and dread anything spoiling things :confused3

Annette x

Yep, I'm anxious person as well, the reason this time is DS not had any childhood illnesses, and attendees nursery so it's what if he gets or what happens.

Not sure why I get like this, :)

I think most people have abit of anxiety before they go away on any holiday...you are going to the other side of the world after all! But before you know it you will be in the Magic Kingdom, in the sun having the time of your life! :cool1:

YEP morose, hormonal and weepy every time until we go through the WDW gate. Think it's such a huge chunk of planning and cash compared to 'ordinary' holidays that the risk factor of not making it always seems higher.

I am terrible before we go in fact we have 10 days to go and l kicking off already, think it is worse this year as last my husband took really ill first day there and was really sick for the whole time in fact he was unable to leave the hotel, so getting a bit on edge, as l want everything to be fine this time no problems.

Oh i believe i am the World Champion Worry Wart, just ask my poor long suffering DH. You name it ive worried about it, sick kids, sick husband sick family member, the list is endless.
Last year was bad with Manchester Airport closing 36 hours before our departure due to the Icelandic volcano. That i believe was the most i have ever worried, but when we got there i enjoyed the holiday all the more:thumbsup2

When you spend a small fortune on your two weeks away i think your naturally going to be anxious.

You are not alone ;)

Absolutely. Last time my colleagues kept asking why I wasn't bouncing off the ceiling. I don't know why, whether it's being far away or worrying about remembering things. I think partly it's the planning and effort put into having a good time that I worry it might go wrong.
All that 100% goes when I step off the plane ;)
Have a lovely trip :)

I can join the club - Chicken Little syndrome - 'the sky is falling'........:scared1:

We too have returned to bad news on occasion but I suppose that's part & parcel of life.

I'm sure your trip will be great :goodvibes

I always explain it to people who haven't been to Florida like this....a beach holiday is just that, you lie on a beach and it doesn't cost half as much as a Florida holiday. A Disney holiday has so much pressure to enjoy every moment not only due to the cost but because it is what it is "The happiest place on earth"!!! The paperwork to take with you makes me feel ill.....it has taken me 18 months to save for this holiday and then all i worry about is the fact that i couldn't print my boarding passes out!! I also worry about the weather forcast and the % of rain:confused3........I think i will go to bed soon because i have to be up at 5.30am!!! Have a wonderful holiday....i am sure we all will eventually:love:

I knew I could rely on my Dis friends to help reassure me I'm not going mad :hug:

Thank you for your kind replies

Annette x

Me too! I think it has got better over the years though.

I get really cross with myself as I know I should be enjoying it.

My keyword this year is SAVOUR. I am going to try to savour the experience next time.

Too much to do, too little time...... DD reminded me this morning that I don't seem to have had my usual disney nightmares before the trip yet. They are usually of the forgot to catch the plane, forgot all my luggage, forgot my family persuasion.:scared1: It will be worth it all when we get there!

Hiya all.

Well my time is nearly here and although I feel like bouncing of the ceiling as I am soooo excited, I always seem to get a really uneasy anxious feeling the week before we go.

I dont know whether its due to us having had quite a rough time over the last couple of years due to the ecomomy etc.. During our 2008 visit we discovered one of our clients had entered in to administration on us taking our company for thousands. I dont know whether this has maybe left a mark on me as I keep feeling something bad might happen whilst were away. I was the same last year and the year before. It just really puts a dampner on my spirit :confused:

Anyone else in the same boat, I think partly you want everything to be sooo perfect after months of planning and dread anything spoiling things :confused3

Annette x

yes, i always get anxious....about everything..
worrying that the holiday won't be perfect..
worrying about the dog...
worrying about the house...
worrying about the plane...
worry worry worry...
but once we're on our way to the airport it mostly passes...mostly...

Yep, its all part and parecel for me, i worry about not enjoying it as i should, dd gettin ill, something happening during the flight, something happening at home, packing, unpacking, washing when i get home, how long it will be til i ca go, them i worry that i am worrying too much etc etc!!! Lists help me alot and i have tried them calms tablets before but my tip is when the plane takes off let it all fall off your shoulders and leave it all behind, it really helps me so when i feel really anxious i think about the wheels lifting off the runway and all the stress falling off my sholders and out of the back of the plane, strange but it really works for me :rolleyes1

Yep - can I join in too please?
I worry and yes i think it's cuz we've took so long to save up and I don't want any hitches/illnesses just before going, i get really, really anxious, and that was before i had my DD so goodness knows how much worse i will be when we go next for her first trip :scared1: We did visit 3 weeks after 9/11 and DH was wanting to cancel but we would have lost all our money, that must have been the most stressful. I relax once we have picked up the car and we have put the bags in the hotel.....:goodvibes Hey, it's all worth it though :cool1:

it really helps me so when i feel really anxious i think about the wheels lifting off the runway and all the stress falling off my sholders and out of the back of the plane, strange but it really works for me :rolleyes1
I'm exactly the same, but i also find that first glass of red wine on the plane helps too:rotfl:

the only thing i have ever worried about is losing our tickets!

and we did once

fortunately i had every back up known to man. we photocopied them and we had the copies with us. there were also copies in both of our email accounts in case we lost the tickets and the copies!

so every year now i go overboard photocopying every ticket we have, making multiple copies of etickets. having copies in different suit cases.

it doesnt take much hassle though and it gives me complete peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter