• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone else love but also hate Expedition Everest?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I love the thrilling effect the ride has. I hate the g-force that makes me feel like I am going upside down. I love the design and scenery. I hate going up the steep section in the beginning. I love the slower, slightly peaceful bits of the ride. I hate being near the front row and being afraid of heights and looking out over the entire WDW.

My pros and cons equal each other out because I always go on this ride at least twice each time I visit, but then I start feeling a little nauseous and I can't go again. I love it, but it also scares me. It's one of the few things that scares me that I can actually do without hesitation.

Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with this ride?

Yes I feel the same way.

I am glad that you said the part about feeling like you’re going upside down. I said that to my husband and he thought I was nuts.

It took me ten years to get back on it. Now I say no and still ride, because my kid finally found her courage and rides it. Every time I feel like I’m going to fall out when I get off.

Glad I am not alone!

I am glad that you said the part about feeling like you’re going upside down. I said that to my husband and he thought I was nuts.

I always knew I wasn't going upside down because you have to have the over-shoulder seat restraints for that kind of ride. But I looked up a picture of what the inside layout of track looks like and because it's a corkscrew when you go really fast it gives you that feeling of going upside down. I only finally discovered that on my last trip after having been on this ride 10+ times!!

Which part do you feel like you’ll go upside down? I love the ride but I’m a thrill seeker

I’m in. This my DD’s favorite ride, and I’m not sure if I like it or hate it. I, too, have noticed the upside down sensation. I thought it was just me. I normally can’t do upside down rides as they actually do make me sick. Maybe the fact that this one doesn’t actually go upside down is why I get off only feeling slightly nauseated. I really do love it, though. I completely get why DD likes it so much. I’m just glad there’s not an Animal Kingdom version of the Early Morning Magic ticketed event! I couldn’t ride this more than maybe twice before I’d need to call it quits. I close my eyes at the beginning or just look down at my lap. Being up that high looking down is worse to me than the upside down feeling I get from it.

Makes my head feel a little funny but still love it

Nope...just love
giphy.gif

I always knew I wasn't going upside down because you have to have the over-shoulder seat restraints for that kind of ride. But I looked up a picture of what the inside layout of track looks like and because it's a corkscrew when you go really fast it gives you that feeling of going upside down. I only finally discovered that on my last trip after having been on this ride 10+ times!!
Not always true to the first part. I've been on a good few rides that go upside down with just a lap bar and no over the shoulder restraint. But I'm a coaster lover, so I love it all!

I love everything but the faux upside down part. I have to make sure my head is resting against the back of the seat or else I get a wicked headache for the next hour or so. Otherwise I love all the other stuff about it y’all hate.

I’m in the love only camp as well.

My DD not so much. She feels like her little nugget is going to pop right off her neck and ends up feeling a bit green when the train goes backwards.

I just toss her some gravol (Canada speak for Dramamine) and we ride a few times in a row - not sure why I’ve never received a Mother of the Year award :D

That ride is amazing at night.

Last edited:
Yeah, what part do you feel like you are going upside down? I can't even think of when that happens.

Totally love it but because of the backwards thing no one else in my group of 8 will get on it,

I am not a thrill-ride person but I gathered my courage with my mom and rode EE for the first time in October. The backwards part was a LOT longer and scarier than I thought it would be. I screamed my head off. But I LOVED the part after the big drop and it basically just goes really fast around curves...that I'm TOTALLY cool with. So, I've baked it into my April trip. It was scary but not quite as anxiety-producing as Tower of Terror so I think I'll be a repeat rider!

Also, I was so proud of myself for riding I bought an "I conquered Expedition Everest" pin. I'm 31.

I love and hate Everest, too, but not for the height or G forces. It’s the drop. The first time I rode it I completely forgot about the drop, which is insane since it’s such a focal part when you’re standing outside the ride. Once I get through the drop it easily becomes my favorite coaster at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter