Does anyone else love but also hate Expedition Everest?

I always knew I wasn't going upside down because you have to have the over-shoulder seat restraints for that kind of ride. But I looked up a picture of what the inside layout of track looks like and because it's a corkscrew when you go really fast it gives you that feeling of going upside down. I only finally discovered that on my last trip after having been on this ride 10+ times!!

I've ridden upside down coaster with just a lap bar (no shoulder restraints).

I hate/hate it. I only road it once and thought it was going to kill me. I felt lucky to get off without having a stoke. Never, ever, ever again. And, I will pay more attention to the warning signs on rides.

I generally can't do spinning, upside down, or backwards. I used to avoid big drops, too, but I'm beginning to think I can handle those just fine. On our last trip I did EE for the first time. I'd never done it before, partly because I was afraid of the backwards part and partly because I didn't have anyone to ride it with me. (Most of my family is either anti-coaster or only rides the gentlest ones.) But this past trip DD was big enough to try it with me, and the stars aligned with a same day FP available for right after ROL. So we were brave and gave it a try. I liked it a lot and would ride it again, but that backwards part ended just in time. Any longer, and I think it would have been a one and done for me. I definitely couldn't ride more than once in a row. Unfortunately, DD hated the backwards part and said she'll never ride it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter