Does anyone else miss the Disney shampoo and lotion?

westjones

DIS Veteran
I was SO disappointed on our last cruise when I saw they no longer had the Disney shampoo and lotion in the bathroom! When did they stop using that?

I was watching the Travel Channel yesterday and they showed the Animal Kingdom Lodge and in their bathroom they had Disney soap, shampoo and lotion!

Does anyone else miss it? I want my Minnie Mouse Hand Lotion!!!!
Debra

Debra,

Do you mean that DCL does not supply soap, shampoo etc in their cabins?

We are cruising in January and I am curious eventhough I bring some of my own from home, I use the DCL supplied as backup.

I can't imagine Disney would not provide shampoo and lotion.
Did you ask your stateroom host/hostess?

They still provide shampoo and lotion - it's just not Mickey and Minnie anymore but a "botanical" type which was nice but I WANT MY MINNIE HAND CREAM TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that's not right! One less magical thing on-board. I like seeing the characters on these items and I simply loved the Minnie Mouse hand lotion. It's the best. If they had a large bottle of the Minnie Hand Lotion in the gift shop, I'd actually buy it.

Tina :(

I had hoped to stock up on the lotion too. But now they have this Eucalyptus stuff that, to me, smells far too strong. I didn't care for any of those products at all.:(

They have Eucalyptis shampoo??? i never have brought my own because I liked their shampoo/conditioner combo. Do I need to BYOS now???

We just got back and they DID have the Minnie lotion! The first 4 days they had the Eucalyptus shampoo and the last 3 days they put out the Mickey and Minnie stuff. I brought them home to use as stocking stuffers for the girls. Next time I will take them every day (only took the last days worth) so I can stock up to put on birthday party presents for the girls -- didn't think of that until I got home .

I just looked at them - it's Minnie Mouse lotion and Daisy Duck shampoo/conditioner :D :D :D

annmorin.....when I was on the wonder 10/17....it was just the eucalyptus stuff.......ugh!

I think they will substitute the Minnie lotion for the other stuff, if you ask. :)

Hi gang,

What a great heads up..thanks for telling me. I am (believe it or not) alergic to Eucalyptus. I found out while putting the mulch down in my yard...imagine the surprise I would have had when I sailed in a few weeks. It's a shame they are doing away with their really cute DCL Mickey and Minnie hand lotion and shampoo stuff. I am so glad I brought my extras home with me when I sailed in Jan. and I'll be sure to bring my own stuff this trip.

Thanks again gang! Mmketeer

In Sept. 2000, they had the most WONDERFUL smelling cucumber lotion. This past September, they had some botanical stuff that wasn't bad, but I missed the cucumber lotion in the pink package with Minnie Mouse on it. I didn't use the shampoo/conditioner because I'm fanatic about my Paul Mitchell awapuhi shampoo, but LOVED the lotion. Any chance they might bring that back???:D

I just got back Sat. and brought 4 containers of the pink Minnie Mouse lotion home with me.

I have graet news for everyone!! I just got back on the Wonder on Sunday night and we had the eucalypus stuff ( I know I spelled it wrong- sorry) but we LIKED that stuff. I agree it is quite strong. My hubby loves the smell of eucalyptus. Well, on our last night he asked our stateroom guy for a few more of the packs. He came back with about 6 packs of the stuff we liked and a handful of the ones you guys are talking about and said that they are starting to use the Mickey/Minnie stuff on that next cruise so he gave us a bunch of the eucalyptus stuff to take. So good news- you should have the Mickey Minnie stuff which is also great stuff. :Pinkbounc

Gee, I didn't know that my collection of Disney shampoos, lotions, etc. was so VALUABLE???!! We've stayed at Disney so many times in the last 20 years (we live about an hour away), that we've accumulated quite a stash.

Once a year, though, we do give away some of our hotel toiletries to our church toiletry drive for the women's shelter. My husband travels a lot and has LOTS of it (not Disney, though).

But, I do love the Disney ones and who knows -- I could set up a "black market" out of my car trunk and maybe put our daughter through college with the profits - LOL!:D

Shew, thank goodness. Sure takes away from the magic of everything without that mickey and minnie stuff. Gotta have it.

Mickeycrazie

Hi Shefor24,

Thank goodness...I know that's good news for me!
Thanks for sharing...

Mmketeer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter