Does anyone enjoy Mission Space Orange??

If you are very claustrophobic I really would advise you skip this ride. The pod is very small, very little room to move and you're closed in. You wont be able to find a video because you're in a tiny pod looking directly into a screen that is only about a foot from your face. The ride is a simulator of a rocket launch through space, so the TV screen youre looking at is supposed to be what youre "experiencing". You won't be able to tell, but the pods will spin around in a circle extremely fast to create a "g-force" sensation like taking off into space at hyper speed and being weightless. I imagine it would be a nightmare for someone claustrophobic.
Oh wow, that gives me anxiety just thinking about it! Thank-you so much for your very clear description. I'll definitely save a fast pass and go on something else! Green or orange you'd lose me with the pod. :sad2:

I'm not a roller coaster person as I don't like big drops... But, I'm comfortable with everything at WDW. Yes, there are rides with drops, but I can handle them compared some super steep coaster, etc.

I road Mission Space Orange for the first time on my last trip. I read how it ruined people's day, etc. While it did not ruin my day, it did take me about 10-15 minutes to kind of get back to normal! My brother was the same way, however my niece was unaffected. Of course, she is the one that loves coasters!

Oh wow, that gives me anxiety just thinking about it! Thank-you so much for your very clear description. I'll definitely save a fast pass and go on something else! Green or orange you'd lose me with the pod. :sad2:

No problem! It's just one ride, you will have a completely magical time without it. :)

Also, congrats on your first Disney trip!!! party:

Thanks Folks! Was having misgivings about the near constant panning of this ride and the attendant nausea. Now I'm excited. Will report back in two weeks when we're back.

I have never been on green, only orange and only by myself as no one will do it with me. I like it! But because of all the hype I do make a tradition to tell myself before hand "I will not throw up, I will not throw up" Lol, but I've eaten a hot dog right before and been fine :thumbsup2 I just follow the rules; look directly ahead, focus on your "job", have fun & laugh!!

I have never been on green, only orange and only by myself as no one will do it with me. I like it! But because of all the hype I do make a tradition to tell myself before hand "I will not throw up, I will not throw up" Lol, but I've eaten a hot dog right before and been fine :thumbsup2 I just follow the rules; look directly ahead, focus on your "job", have fun & laugh!!

Yep. My dad can't do Orange, so he and my mom do Green (sister usually goes with them if we're together...but I don't know if she prefers green or just does it to help them). I do Orange by myself and we meet up afterwards. That way we all get to experience it as works best for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter