Does anyone have a sweet potato recipie?

Hnymoon@Dixie

When I win the lottery I want to live in Cinderell
I want something VERY simple. I am a beginner cook. I always had sweet potatoes at my aunts with a sweet topping on it. Does anyone have that recipie. (I'd ask my aunt for hers, but she's on an extended vacation!)
Any easy recipies would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

My MIL gave me this onewe have it every year for Thanksgiving.

1 13 oz. can sweet taters
3/4 C milk
1/4 stick margarine, melted
1 C sugar
2 eggs
dash salt
1 Tbls vanilla

Drain taters, add melted butter, beat. Then add eggs and beat well. Add the rest of ingredients and beat again. Pour into a greased shallow casserole dish.

TOPPING:

1 C light brown sugar
1/4 stick margarine, melted
1/2 C flour
1 C chopped pecans...I like mine finely chopped

Sprinkle over top of casserole and bake at 350 for 45 mins.

I don't have a recipe but this is what I do:
Cut up sweet taters into hunks. Put in a casserole with a little water. Put hunks of margarine among the taters. Pour a bunch of brown sugar on top. Cook for about an hour, until you can insert a knife easily into taters, at about 350 degrees. Last 10 minutes or so I put mini marshmallows on top and broil them so they get a nice gooey, toasted top.

no - but you might want to close your kitchen window.....

THYamsEscape.jpg

This is an incredible recipe that a friend gave me. It's hard not to stuff yourself with this one.

3 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (about 3 or 4)
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup milk

Topping:

1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup butter (cut into pieces)
1 cup chopped pecans

Whip sweet potato mixture, pour into greased casserole. Cut brown sugar, flour and butter with pastry blender. Combine with pecans. Sprinkle onto mixture. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until light brown.

Serves 6-8

This one's a little different but very good:

3 to 4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled
4 to 6 tbsp. butter or margarine (to taste)
1 bag dried apricots
1 small can apricot nectar
3/4 c. brown sugar ( 1/2 c. plus 1/4 cup)
1 cup chopped pecans

Cut sweet potatoes into chunks and boil until soft. In the meantime, pour nectar into small saucepan. Add dried apricots and simmer until apricots are soft and most of the liquid is absorbed (it will look like puree). Cool slightly.

When potatoes are done, drain and add margarine or butter and mash until smooth.
Spray a casserole with Pam, then spread 1/2 the potatoes on the bottom. Then spread the apricot puree over it, followed by the 1/2 cup of brown sugar and half of the pecans. Then add the rest of the potatoes, then the rest of the brown sugar and pecans again. Dot butter over top and bake about 35 minutes at 350 degrees until bubbly. Serves 8.

You guys are making me hungry for sweet potatoes. I think I will try one of these for my contribution to Thanksgiving.

I tried the super easy one from bananiem and it was yummy! I like those easy ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter