Does anyone have an account on allrecipes.com?

Used to have an account on that site and have (or had while I participated a few years ago) a forum site much like here. Was poorly moderated and several were posting dreadful information about food safety/nutrition/etc. so I just stopped participating. I never save recipes on any website. You have no idea if one day that site might vanish and all of your recipes would also be gone. If the internet happens to be down the day our plan to do a lot of baking you could also be out of luck. Allrecipes was created by combining many older sites together. Some of those allowed direct posting of recipes, many of which turn out to have errors in ingredients/quantities/instructions. Their current website has no test kitchen, so even newly 'approved' recipes simply go through an editorial process prior to posting. I have found so many other good recipe websites who have test kitchens that actually make the product and perfect the recipe before posting them, I just stopped using Allrecipes.

I also avoid recipes from some random blog person when doing a search. You have no idea if the recipe is going to work and amateur home cooks often leave out things assuming you already know how something needs to be done.

I do a copy/paste of any recipe I like to a folder on my PC, so regardless of what site they are from, I have them all in one place. I can also easily make modifications to the recipe/instructions/etc. and don't have to worry about some site suddenly disappearing.

Last edited:
Sorry all your recipes were erased :(.

I save all my recipes in a program called Paprika. I have a version for my Windows PC and one for iOS. My recipes sync seamlessly between my PC, my iPhone and iPad. It does cost money, but I do all my meal planning through it and even build my grocery list with it. They also have a "Save Recipe" bookmark (I use it on Chrome) which will read the current webpage once you click on it, find the recipe on it and add it (and usually the photo) to the program. It works for those recipes on AllRecipes :). I add most of my recipes with that "Save Recipe" bookmark on my laptop, but I can also add recipes from books by using my phone and the "scan text" function to copy the text of the recipe into a new recipe.

I use my iPad when cooking.

All versions are 40-50% off through the end of November:
https://www.paprikaapp.com/

The Windows or Mac version is $14.99 and the iOS or Android version is $1.99. Each version is sold separately, but there is no ongoing charge after your purchase.

I have had the same thing happen where they come and go all through quarantine, it was irksome. My solution was to add the ones I like best to my bookmark and email screenshots so now I don't care how they mismanage.

Bookmarking a recipe url won't do you much good if the website goes out of business. Those links will stop working if they take their website offline. Saving a screenshot of the recipe or doing a copy/paste to your PC is a better idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter