Does anyone have the goal of staying at every single on property resort?

Happyjen27

DIS Veteran
I'm a very listy person.

I am newly in love with Disney, having visited for the first time in December.

I am thinking it would be quite fun to stay at every resort on property! I was wondering if anyone else has set out to do this, and if so, what were the ups and downs? Did you reach that goal? Are you half way through.

This is just for fun, I know all resorts have pros and cons, and I want to experience them all. :yay:

ME!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

And it almost happened this year because we were going to stay at Coronado in March but we had to cancel the trip. I'd love to be able to say I'd stayed at every resort at least once. :)

I want to stay at every Deluxe resort. So far, I've stayed at them all except Poly and CR. But, our Feb 2014 trip includes a stay at CR, so Poly will be the last resort on the list.

Getting close:

Need AoA and VGF and both booked for Jan.

Need SSR, BWI, BC and villas of Wl, BC, AKL, BWI

Half the fun is the resorts! Love them all.

Next stop, visit 5 for CBR 8/13/13:banana:

Absolutely! After our trip this September to AKL I'll need ...

BC
YC
BW
CB

I think that's more than halfway there. :)

I've had the opportunity to stay at a lot in the last 13 years and have gotten a good number of them in my vacations. However, with the prices going up as they have over the last couple years and my family getting older, I don't see us getting all of them in. I just downgraded my next trip from BC (would have been new to me, to POR).

I've stayed at all three All Stars, PopC, CBR, CSR, POR, WL, AKL, BWI, YC, GF, Poly, BWV. Some of these are multiple stays.

I've had reservations for POFQ, BC, and BCV that I've had to cancel in the past. And I've had three trips offsite in the last four years.

As a family of 5, we prefer the Deluxe resorts for many reasons. We have stayed at Poly, CR, GF. We have also stayed at BWI. We don't fit in a regular room at AK or WL. BC/YC is appealing but we still have not taken the plunge. If the Poly did not keep pulling us back, we would book the BC or YC. We want to try SAB. We did stay at POR when children were smaller.:goodvibes

I thought of doing that but probably won't. Frankly, there are a few resorts that we just wouldn't care to stay at.

So far we've hit:
OKW (of course)
SSR
BC
BCV
YC
BWV (but not the Inn)
WL
VWL
AKL
AKV (Jambo only, haven't hit Kidani)
Contemporary
BLT
Poly
GF
PO (all 3 sections)
CBR
Swolphin (not really a Disney resort, but we have stayed at both the Swan & Dolphin)

YES!!! we've stayed at all the resorts except the villas. Not sure that I want to stay in those because they have kitchens. I go on vacation to escape my kitchen with cooking and dishes. I want to eat out!!
If we had a kitchen, DH would want to eat in all the time.....think that I'll keep staying in th hotels.
When I go with DH we stay club level in luxury resorts. When I go with my Mom or a girl's trip (daughter) we stay in mods or values. have stayed in all types of rooms at each resort, so nowadays I know what I like as to resorts and types of rooms.........I like them all!!!!

It's been a lot of fun checking them out over the years. Started in 1971 and been going ever since. Many multiple stays in favourites.....ahhhhh, memories!

The best part is that you can never really stay in them all because WDW just keeps growing and adding on - so you just have to keep revisiting in order to keep up!

It is my goal to stay at every WDW on site hotel, AND every DVC resort!!
So far we've stayed at:
ASMo
AoA
POR
CSR
WL
CR
GF
BWI
POLY
AK
WLV
BLT
AKV
OKW
SSR
BCV
BWV

*Offsite DVC resorts we've stayed at:
VERO

WDW on site Resorts/DVC resorts we still need to stay at:
ASMu
ASSp
POP
POFQ
CBR
YC
BC
GFV

Off site DVC resorts we need to stay at:
HHI
GCV
Aulani

We have stayed at a lot

Deluxe
Grand Floridian x2
Polynesian x2
Wilderness lodge x2
Board walk inn
Animal kingdom lodge

Moderate
Port Orleans French quarter
Coronado springs
Caribbean beach

Value
Pop century
All star sports

Us too!

We have a list of must stays!!! :goodvibes We are working on it! We always book for a week at 1 resort then add a few and stay at another resort! We are fans of split stays. My DS and DH are not fans of the values, so they only like to stay a night or 2. Our stay includes BWV and OKW this year! ( 6 nights and 4 nights ) We purchased our airfare and it saves us $$ to fly on Mon so I suggested we stay at a value for 2 nights! DD and I picked AoA, LM room! Then DH got a pin so......... we changed and are now staying 2 nights at the BC! I have ALWAYS wanted to stay there! :banana:

Here is our completed list :

CBR
Movies
WL
CSR
CBR ( again )
POP
FW cabins

Adding this year in Oct.

BC
BWV
OKW

:woohoo:

That used to be my goal. However, I think that one of the All Stars is enough for me. We prefer moderate or deluxe. Wouldn't mind staying in the mods or deluxes--including villas. Have a way to go though.

I want to stay at every Deluxe resort. So far, I've stayed at them all except Poly and CR. But, our Feb 2014 trip includes a stay at CR, so Poly will be the last resort on the list.

Me too!

So far I've only stayed at two deluxe resorts: Poly and BC.

Have plans to stay at those again as well as WL, AKL, BWI, and CR.

For a long time CR wasn't high on my list because it just seems sterile and boring. But I like the size and look of the rooms (other than the weird bathroom sinks) and, of course, the location of the resort. So we're going to give it a try.

BWI was also not a high priority, in large part, because the clown pool freaked me out. But the pool area and resort as a whole seems a lot less chaotic than BC and I like the location somewhat better because, even though its a little farther to EP, the combined distance to EP and HS is less.

Still have a hard time pulling the trigger for GF due mostly to price. While I think it's an overall stunning resort (especially the lobby), I'm not crazy about the room decor and just can't bring myself to pay the big $$$ to stay there if I don't think I'll like the look and feel of the room (maybe if they re-did the rooms to be somewhat less grandmotherly and replaced the bedspreads with duvets . . .).

Also have a hard time pulling the trigger on YC as we have young kids and don't care a ton about having a balcony, so might as well stay at BC (a little closer to EP and I slightly prefer the room decor of BC over YC. Prefer the lobby area in YC, however).

Nope. Although they all seem nice, several of the resorts don't really appeal to me. If money weren't an issue I would stay at my favorite deluxe resorts and never look back!

Not really. The Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge are on my Disney bucket list but otherwise, I'm good.

Nope. There are some you couldn't pay me to stay in. Nothing wrong with them but just not interesting to us.

I'm a very listy person.

I am newly in love with Disney, having visited for the first time in December.

I am thinking it would be quite fun to stay at every resort on property! I was wondering if anyone else has set out to do this, and if so, what were the ups and downs? Did you reach that goal? Are you half way through.

This is just for fun, I know all resorts have pros and cons, and I want to experience them all. :yay:
It used to be my goal. But after staying at ASMo, I can say that I have no desire to stay at a Value Resort again.

And with room rates rising at a staggering rate, we probably won't be booking too many cash reservations in the near future.

However, we purchased a couple of small DVC contracts and I have every intention of staying at each of the Disney World DVC resorts at some point. So far, SSR, AKV and BWV. Next on my list is BCV (Sept.) and then BLT and OKW next year with no plans as of yet to stay at VWL or VGF.

I have had that goal for a while. I don't count all 3 all stars separately. I did All Star sports and crossed it off my list. I also don't distinguish between villa and resort except BLT because it seems really separate. Although I have stayed at both at BC and WL. I have done swalphin several trips.

All I have left is

Yacht Club
BWI(staying there next month)
AKL
POR( I have done POFQ)
OKW
SSR
and CBR.

I really have no desire to stay at CBR, SSR or OKW. Drove thru CBR last month and it did not appeal to me. THeme of SSR and size don't appeal to me. OKW seems ok but other resorts always win out. BUt I am sure the kids would like to see it and I could check them off the list. It is really just a personal Disney goal to say I did them all. We always do split stays so that helps. Did AofA last month. Really fun, kids would love to go back but husband loves deluxe. Really want to do AKL but the lack of transportation besides bus keeps us picking other deluxes. We love to walk from epcot resorts. Good luck to everyone who has the goal! I think it will take about 4 years for me to finish the goal and try the ones left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter