• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone know about catered holiday dinners at OKW?

Nana Sue

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>
I know it's a little early but I'm planning our whole family's 1st Christmas at WDW. I want to try and do some of our family traditions while down there such as a big turkey dinner Christmas Day. I vaguely remember a thread some time ago about some restaurant catering turkey dinners for Thanksgiving. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it. Thanks!

We usually get a Turkey dinner with all the fixins from Publix. They offer it at T'giving. I'm sure they do the same at Christmas. They accepted orders up to two days before T'giving. We added our own favorites. Pick up was the day before T'giving. We heated everything up while at the pool. Came back to the villa to the wonderful smells and enjoyed. Just remember to bring or buy foil and baggies/storage containers for leftovers.
Back in 1999 Disney offered a catered meal which was delivered by colonial dressed servers. They discontinued it much to my dismay.

I have done the Publix Christmas Dinner when we had our last Christmas at my Grandmothers. (Her kitchen was just TINY! LOL!) It was very nice, but order in advance. I was amazed at how many people were there Christmas eve trying to buy it at the last minute... they flat out did not have any left if you had not pre ordered. (I think I prepaid too!)

Thanks for the information! I will arrive in FL Dec 22, I hope that's early enough to order. What is the closest Publix to OKW? Thanks!

We did exactly what everyone has suggested (Publix) last Xmas. You do have to pre-order though.

I would order before you arrive to be on the safe side. I called my order in a few weeks in advance and then just picked it up on Christmas Eve. They will be closed Christmas and can only do so many dinnners
www.publix.com

I believe the thread was one I started about Turkey Day Dinner for my family. I contacted denise@orlando-chef.com. She answered all my questions. She is emailing me the menus they will have for Thanksgiving. I am sure they will do the same for Christmas. Hope this info helps.
Maureen

If i were staying for the holidays this year I would contact wegoshop on the internet and see what they will do . My guess is that they will deliver the feast from whereever you want to order . we used them this summer and they were wonderful.

Thanks everyone for all of your help!

Maureen, does this Denise person work for Publix or is this another place one can order holiday dinners?

lovewdwdvc, is wegoshop a delivery service? Do you have their web site?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter