Does anyone know if it is possible to get cbd cannabis oil in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proud_canadian

DIS Veteran
My daughter has medically prescribed cbd cannabis oil (1:20 - THC:CBD). Is there any way to purchase this in Florida since we cannot travel on a plane with it?

Yes. There are several places in Florida where you can purchase cbd cannabis oil.

It's extremely easy to find .3 % THC limit which is basically all commercially sold cbd

It's legal at a federal level by the way...why can't you fly with it?

Disney was ignorant about it a while back and got a grandma arrested because they "suspected" it would be over the thc limit but the charges were dropped and I'm sure they learned their lesson though you may want to leave it in the room.

The case of the grandmom from GA , she was arrested by Orange county. You can not have any MJ in public .

The case of the grandmom from GA , she was arrested by Orange county. You can not have any MJ in public .
Cbd is not MJ and those charges were dropped because it was a wrongful arrest, no update so far on the lawsuit..maybe it was settled privately I don't know.

It's extremely easy to find .3 % THC limit which is basically all commercially sold cbd

It's legal at a federal level by the way...why can't you fly with it?

Disney was ignorant about it a while back and got a grandma arrested because they "suspected" it would be over the thc limit but the charges were dropped and I'm sure they learned their lesson though you may want to leave it in the room.
Well their username is Proud Canadian so I’m suspecting they’re not in the US so the requirement could be an international thing…

Well their username is Proud Canadian so I’m suspecting they’re not in the US so the requirement could be an international thing…

Exactly.. the Canadian Canabis Act states that you can not bring canabis in any form including CBD oils into or out of Canada when traveling. There are exceptions, but you would need to apply for an exemption prior to traveling.

This is what the TSA has on their website about travel with it:
“Marijuana and certain cannabis infused products, including some Cannabidiol (CBD) oil, remain illegal under federal law except for products that contain no more than 0.3 percent THC on a dry weight basis or that are approved by FDA. (See the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, Pub. L. 115-334.) TSA officers are required to report any suspected violations of law to local, state or federal authorities.

TSA’s screening procedures are focused on security and are designed to detect potential threats to aviation and passengers. Accordingly, TSA security officers do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs, but if any illegal substance is discovered during security screening, TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement officer.”

CBD/medical marijuana products with higher than .3% CBD need to be obtained from one of the licensed CBD dispensaries.
This link is from one of the Florida dispensaries,
which points out that it is (currently) still illegal to travel between states higher than .3% products . People purchasing higher dose products must go thru the regulatory process to obtain a medical marijuana card in the state of Florida.

My fiancé works in the Florida medical cannabis industry and this is what he said “That ratio will be hard to find but you should be able to find cbd oil easily”.

I wouldn’t take it into the parks though or even attempt to fly. Too much risk in my opinion even if labeled cbd.

You may want to investigate You may need a Florida-issued medical marijuana card for anything with THC levels over 0.3%.

I hope you're still active on this forum and checking for replies. I just wanted to jump in and offer some information about purchasing CBD products in Florida. Even though this post is a bit old, I wanted to let you know that CBD products are legal in Florida, and there are many options available for purchase. You can find CBD products in many health food stores, dispensaries, and online retailers.

I hope you're still active on this forum and checking for replies. I just wanted to jump in and offer some information about purchasing CBD products in Florida. Even though this post is a bit old, I wanted to let you know that CBD products are legal in Florida, and there are many options available for purchase. You can find CBD products in many health food stores, dispensaries, and online retailers.
The product the OP mentioned is medical Marijuana - 1 part THC to 20 parts CBD is 5% THC.
While CBD is legal in Florida and can be obtained many places, medical Marjuana can only be obtained at a dispensary and requires registration with the Florida Office of Medical Marijuana Use.
Travel with medical Marijuana by air or across state lines is still illegal, even if it was legally obtained in the home state. Possession of medical Marijuana INSIDE their own state is legal, but it’s not legal to possess it outside of the state where it was purchased.
Even inside the state, it’s not legal to have in your possession in Federal Facilities/areas under Federal Jurisdiction, (including airports)
It also can’t be legally sent thru the mail.
This link to an organization for Safe Access to medical Marijuana and CBD has a lot of helpful information.

TSA has a page about Medical Marijuana.
Although they won’t specifically look for it, if it’s found, TSA will refer it to local law enforcement.
Products with no more than 0.3 percent THC on a dry weight basis are legal to transport and possess. Some people temporarily switch to a product that meets that for travel, knowing it might not be as effective. A lot of children and adults using medical Marijuana for seizure control switch to a CBD product called Charlotte’s Web which was developed for seizure control.

The product the OP mentioned is medical Marijuana - 1 part THC to 20 parts CBD is 5% THC.
While CBD is legal in Florida and can be obtained many places, medical Marjuana can only be obtained at a dispensary and requires registration with the Florida Office of Medical Marijuana Use.
Travel with medical Marijuana by air or across state lines is still illegal, even if it was legally obtained in the home state. Possession of medical Marijuana INSIDE their own state is legal, but it’s not legal to possess it outside of the state where it was purchased.
Even inside the state, it’s not legal to have in your possession in Federal Facilities/areas under Federal Jurisdiction, (including airports)
It also can’t be legally sent thru the mail.
This link to an organization for Safe Access to medical Marijuana and CBD has a lot of helpful information.

TSA has a page about Medical Marijuana.
Although they won’t specifically look for it, if it’s found, TSA will refer it to local law enforcement.
Products with no more than 0.3 percent THC on a dry weight basis are legal to transport and possess. Some people temporarily switch to a product that meets that for travel, knowing it might not be as effective. A lot of children and adults using medical Marijuana for seizure control switch to a CBD product called Charlotte’s Web which was developed for seizure control.
Additionally, Florida may not have reciprocity with other states, requiring participation in the Florida program to purchase in the state.

Florida law explicity prohibits out of state purchases of product containing the above a certain limit. This covers Marijuana and cbd oil with the in it. You must be a resident for 30 days before you are allowed to get a medical card.

Navigating the legal landscape of CBD oil in Florida can be a bit tricky. It's important to be aware of the state's regulations, especially regarding out-of-state purchases and the residency requirement for obtaining a medical card.

While it may be legal, Disney is very, very strict about not allowing any CBD products into their parks or on their cruise ships.

Even if you can get it, Disney will absolutely confiscate it if you try to bring it into the parks, no questions asked and MAY call the authorities, DH has seen them do so many times over.

Also, they may confiscate it and/or call the authorities if they find it in your room during their daily security checks (aka trash service).

DH just has seen too many people have this issue to not say something.

While it may be legal, Disney is very, very strict about not allowing any CBD products into their parks
CBD is not Marijuana, learn the difference before telling people they’re going to get banned from Disney or arrested.

Disney parks have no rules against CBD, only Marijuana. And CBD is legal in FL, no sheriff is gonna haul you off anymore for that.

Last edited:
CBD is not Marijuana, learn the difference before telling people they’re going to get banned from Disney or arrested.

Disney parks have no rules against CBD, only Marijuana. And CBD is legal in FL, no sheriff is gonna haul you off anymore for that.
The thread is about CBD THC combination, with a THC content higher then FL limits. I suspect the poster you quoted was referring to the combo in the post you quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter