Does anyone know what happened to Soarin today?

imjen

DIS Veteran
We got to Soarin to redeem our lightning lane at 6:40pm and the lightning lane line went out the ride area and down the street. They created a line that ended up wrapping to the right around a bench and by the building. The standby line showed 120 min even though it wasn't full.

We only waited about 15 min outside and 5-10 min inside. They were letting in everyone from lightning lane first that I could see and they did not scan our genie+ pass. We went around the machines. Inside was not full to capacity and there was a cluster of security and others in one of the lanes inside.

When we came out, the lightning lane was a typical size and the regular standby said 40 min and looked typical as well. Seems they inflated the standby time to get through lightning lane but not sure why. Super weird. Any theories?

Last edited:
We had a similar experience and the CMs were saying one side of the attraction was down "for the foreseeable future". We were there around 3pm so maybe the other side finally came back up while you were on the ride?

I have no idea, but I'm going to guess that someone 🤮 and it needed to be cleaned up.

Around that time last night (7:10) we were joining lightning lane for Incredicoaster and it was similar- long lightning lane up the pier and no one in standby. I asked if it would be better to just go standby and they said “We’re not really letting anyone but LL in.” Line moved fairly swiftly though, as that ride tends to.

I wonder if there were just a lot of MEP?

Around that time last night (7:10) we were joining lightning lane for Incredicoaster and it was similar- long lightning lane up the pier and no one in standby. I asked if it would be better to just go standby and they said “We’re not really letting anyone but LL in.” Line moved fairly swiftly though, as that ride tends to.

I wonder if there were just a lot of MEP?
Wait, no standby?? So does this mean people may be forced to buy Genie+ and LL if they want to ride their favorites during busier times?

Wait, no standby?? So does this mean people may be forced to buy Genie+ and LL if they want to ride their favorites during busier times?
No it just was more of a warning from Cast Member that Standby will take forever basically like 5 standby per 100 LL guests. That's why sometimes you'll see almost no actual standby line yet it will be a 90+ minute wait since LL is backed up.
*unless they temporally stop Standby to allow things to clear up for LL due to guest control issues/safety

This happens often after downtimes or shows let out. Disney sells way too many LL in my opinion, but that's a whole 'nother debate $$$$ ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter