Does anyone know when Halloween and Xmas decorations generally go up in the parks?

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
Thinking of planning some short trips but would prefer to do it on the earlier side hoping for smaller crowds!

TIA!

Thinking of planning some short trips but would prefer to do it on the earlier side hoping for smaller crowds!

TIA!
Christmas stuff starts Nov 13 according to the website. Halloween? Not sure but HHN starts at US on Sept 3.

I did a mid November trip about 5 years ago. The Xmas decorations were up, and it was a very slow time crowd wise. One of the funnest trips I've taken!

I've heard they will be going up even earlier due to such low staffing so needs more time to get things up. Unless they get more hired soon expect a little earlier or either less decor.

For the studios, the hhn display are covered up during the day
Coverings removed for when the park reopens for hhn
All large display items are only seen during the hard ticket event

For the studios, the hhn display are covered up during the day
Coverings removed for when the park reopens for hhn
All large display items are only seen during the hard ticket event
That is in part to avoid scaring kids. HHN is not suggested for under 14. Some of the covered decorations would have freaked out my son at 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter