• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone miss the old Universe of Energy?

ccotis

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about our family's upcoming trip to WDW and how I wish the old Universe of Energy was back. I thought it was very interesting, a mixing Disney animatronics and a PBS type of documentary.

You mean the "oil is king, oil will save the world, here comes the Exxon Valdez to the rescue" Universe of Energy?
NO! :rolleyes:

You and I might be in the minority. I miss the old version too. I also miss Horizons.

Cyn

Sorry to disagree, but it was too stuffy for me. At least Ellen and Bill Nye add some interest and humor!!:laughing:

I love the Ellen version. I found it really entertaining. Way better than I expected. She's a riot.

I saw the old one at least twice from two different trips but I cannot remember any real details. What was the old one like?

I enjoy the Ellen's Energy Adventure and I normally do not find Ellen Degeneres' comdedic timing and delivery style funny, but she is very entertaining in this attraction. It is my kids (3 and 6) favorite attraction at Epcot.

Chuck

Sorry, but I'll take the new version anyday!

The old version was mainly known around our family as a great spot to nap. :faint:

Doug

I like the new version, I think it is more entertaining...but I miss the finale musical score from the original, and the mirrored room

Ellen is good in this one, and normally I don't care for Ellen all that much. The thing that I hate with a passion is that just as we are leaving the dinosaur room there is a strobe light flashing right in my eyes. What is the purpose of that? It's way too bright. Is it suppossed to be lightning?
It is SO annoying.

Nope! The old version was just a good place to rest my feet for awhile and cool off. I actually enjoy this version!

I miss the two songs in the ride (Feel the flow / Here we go / Through the Universe of Energy). That being said, I think this version is a lot more entertaining....although I hate the "Final Jeopardy" Answer and Question. Brain Power??? Come on!!!!

RyMickey

Both versions bore me. I've never cared for the attraction and only visit now when I am with someone who wants to see it. Personally, my favorite part is when you can smell the swamp! I will never understand why they did away with World of Motion or Horizions and kept this. It would have been the first to go if I had a say. But this is only my opinion, no offense to any of you fossil fuel fans!:teeth:

Originally posted by Tiziminchac
... I will never understand why they did away with World of Motion or Horizions and kept this. It would have been the first to go if I had a say. But this is only my opinion, no offense to any of you fossil fuel fans!:teeth:

Because they found sponsors to pay for the replacements for World of Motion (Test Track) and Horizons (Mission:Space). Would you like to pay $300M for a replacement for Energy Adventure? Just say the word, and it will be gone tomorrow!

I miss it only as a piece of the old epcot, but not for what it was itself. The ride was terribly boring and made me want to be out in the sun instead. The Ellen one is better, but it's also long enough to make me think I'm missing out on other things, so it's still really just the resting ride. Horizons and World of Motion, on the other hand, I miss terribly.

Originally posted by erikthewise
Because they found sponsors to pay for the replacements for World of Motion (Test Track) and Horizons (Mission:Space). Would you like to pay $300M for a replacement for Energy Adventure? Just say the word, and it will be gone tomorrow!

And I thought they kept it around just to bore me. Thank you for setting me straight.

I never saw the old show, but I do like the new one. I don't especially like Ellen, but I think she's pretty funny in this show.

It's also a good place to cool off on a hot humid day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter