• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone own Ebags Motherlode luggage, and have the support poles poke a hole thru the fabric, what did you do?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
This is random, and you'd only understand if you own it. But, I love this luggage and am so frustrated. I've returned two pieces now, with the same problem. And the problem repeats itself with the next trip. Those darn support poles, poking holes thru the fabric when the luggage is full. I don't want to return them again (we have 2 right now, 25 inch). Is it repairable with some miracle product out there, and does it hold once you fix it?

Hmmm…,we have never had that problem with ours and have owned for over five years. Sorry you are dealing with that!!! Could you maybe put heavy duty patches where the holes are? Not pretty, but it will make your luggage stand out in the airport! 😂

Hmmm…,we have never had that problem with ours and have owned for over five years. Sorry you are dealing with that!!! Could you maybe put heavy duty patches where the holes are? Not pretty, but it will make your luggage stand out in the airport! 😂
Thanks, yes we've looked into patches, but I'm afraid they won't hold. It could be a symptom of our over packing. But still, I am calling Ebags warranty today, to get a replacement and what we talked about is perhaps not even using the support poles at all..

I don't have that luggage, but I've encountered this problem with other brands. There are two things you can try.

Step 1 is repairing the outer bag if you wish to do that. You can do it with a heat-bond vinyl repair kit meant for vinyl-backed upholstery fabrics. It will leave a melted flat scar, but IME, it will hold fairly strong. Step 2 is preventing the tears in the first place. What I find works best for this is a combination of fleece fabric and E6000 glue. I cut the reinforcement in 2 layers of fleece about 4 inches larger than the pressure point, and first bond them together. Then I use a thick layer of E6000 to bond the fleece to the case lining at the pressure point where the frame presses into it.

I can't help with your concerns there, Jill, but sure is nice to see you. Have not seen you in ages.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season ahead, Jill.

I don't have that luggage, but I've encountered this problem with other brands. There are two things you can try.

Step 1 is repairing the outer bag if you wish to do that. You can do it with a heat-bond vinyl repair kit meant for vinyl-backed upholstery fabrics. It will leave a melted flat scar, but IME, it will hold fairly strong. Step 2 is preventing the tears in the first place. What I find works best for this is a combination of fleece fabric and E6000 glue. I cut the reinforcement in 2 layers of fleece about 4 inches larger than the pressure point, and first bond them together. Then I use a thick layer of E6000 to bond the fleece to the case lining at the pressure point where the frame presses into it.
Wow, thank you! This is so helpful.

Update, I called Ebags and after sending photos to them, they are replacing both suitcases. If it still has the support poles, I don't think I'll use them, to prevent the problem happening again.

I can't help with your concerns there, Jill, but sure is nice to see you. Have not seen you in ages.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season ahead, Jill.

Dan my ol' friend! How are you?! All is very well here. After back herniation surgery a couple of years ago, and the whole Covid year, we are staying away from the parks for a while. We actually have enjoyed a few resort stays and love them! Thank you for reaching out, I hope you are well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter