• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone really believe that drinking water really helps you lose weight?

P

pnelson

I'm just not convinced. I don't get the connection between drinking water and losing weight. Has anyone had the experience of losing weight only after they started drinking water?

I actually have. I tried it for one week. I did not alter my eating habit and just drank at least 6 8oz glasses of water each day. I did lose weight that week. I use to think the saying that "sometimes when you think you are hungry you are actually thirsty" was a bunch of bali-who. but it is true. I did not get hungry before lunch and mid-day. Being human, I let those "other beverages" creep back into my life. You know the ones with caffiene. I have made a commitment to start again on Monday.

It is also better for your kidneys as it helps to flush out the byproducts of the fat you are breaking down.

I actually started this on Mon. I was so addicted to Pepsi...that's all I was drinking. I knew that water was good for flushing out your system as well. I have been drinking 90+ oz. water each day since Mon. and I have noticed a BIG difference! It really works!! And I feel that I have more energy too!:)

Deffiently believe it is true. Like Robin says, I have seen weight loss when the only change i have made was drinking water, lots of it.

Now I am not a MD but if you think about it first it fills you up, your body has to burn calories to "digest" the water and produce urine, and then don't forget about all the exercise you get going back and forth to the toilet. Plus the benefits of "flushing" out your system.

I think water is #1!

Water contains no calories so it, by definition, would be better for losing weight than most other beverages. In addition, as mentioned before, sometimes you feel like eating something but it isn't that your body is hungry, it's thirsty and needs hydration. By keeping hydrated, you can eliminate some of those hunger pangs.

Not only that, it is really good for your skin and skin tone.

I DO think it makes a difference. I've been chugging water like crazy, and granted, I spend a lot more time in the ladies room, but it seems to be flushing out my system and helping in the weight loss.

Don't know if it really helps, but it makes you feel full until you go to the bathroom. :D

it does and i wish i could find the post i did back in october or november about the effects of water on your body. it fills the "voided" areas in your body where fat could deposit and it does cleanse out all the salts and aids in moving the fibers throughout your body. i have done much better with my weight loss when i was drinking more water...just haven't gotten back to drinking the water like i was since i had surgery. but i'm getting there.

Most americans are in a state of chronic mild dehydration....we're more likely to eat than to drink. When we make the effort to drink as much as our bodies need...the standard 8- 8oz glasses a day (actually the right amount is something like 1oz per every 2lbs. of body weight per day....so some of us need even more)...our bodies not only learn to distinguish hunger from thirst better, but we give them what they were really needing in the first place.

There are other issues that have been mentioned too. Water is a good thing. And once you start drinking water it gets easier to keep drinking water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter