Does anyone use My Fitness Pal?

walkdmc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm wondering if anyone uses it/likes it? What do you like about it? Do you "friend" people or go it alone on that site?

TIA!

I use it with friends on FB. It is convenient to load from my phone. I only track calories on MFP. I still track my food on SparkPeople and the phone ap for it since I've been using it longer than MFP and am comfortable with all me favorite foods. Either one is enlightening, but coming to the forum seems a lot more comfy.

I use it. I like it a lot. I have 3 or 4 friends (I only add those who I have something in common with or who have the same weight struggles as I do). I do post on the message boards from time to time though.

Since I asked this question, I have been using MFP. I love the iphone app, esp. being able to scan barcodes and have the NI pop up. There seems to be such a smathering of folks who post on the MFP site, it would be hard to find others with whom I have stuff in common. There are men, women, people from the US and elsewhere, folks with lots to lose and those with less than 10 pounds. I'm a little overwhelmed by the message boards and blogs but the other information is very helpful and useful. I look forward to using this site/app more.

I was doing WW but really think I was eating too many points. I felt good but was barely losing anything and some weeks, was even up. The good thing with WW was I never felt hungry but the bad was the slow/no weight loss. I know the WW program can be tweaked and it takes time to learn how your body will adjust to "free fruits" and such but I'd rather just count calories for now.

Thanks for the input.

Since I asked this question, I have been using MFP.

I saw your post and signed up for it too - I've had a similar struggle with WW, I can't seem to shift the last stone! It does seem like a really good site :)

I saw your post and signed up for it too - I've had a similar struggle with WW, I can't seem to shift the last stone! It does seem like a really good site :)

Great! Have you used the iphone/smartphone app? That feature is pretty impressive. There seem to be a lot of folks from the UK on that site. I'm guessing you're from there since you used "stone" for weight. There's a search feature which allows you to locate fellow members who are near you. I know people have met walking partners by using that feature.

Good luck to us!

Great! Have you used the iphone/smartphone app? That feature is pretty impressive. There seem to be a lot of folks from the UK on that site. I'm guessing you're from there since you used "stone" for weight. There's a search feature which allows you to locate fellow members who are near you. I know people have met walking partners by using that feature.

Good luck to us!

I haven't yet - I'll check it out!

I am fron London, yes - I think there's quite a few brits on there because the site has bothered to input lots of food available here which is such a timesaver over alternative sites where I've had to do it all manually! Even in just 3 days I really like the way MFP is laid out and so easy to use!

Definitely good luck to us :goodvibes

I was having great luck when I stuck to in in Jan-Feb. :thumbsup2 I have friends from Facebook on there plus some I just added from there via message boards usually.

I really like it. It is easy. I wish I had a smartphone so I could get the app. Perhaps later this month when I will have a small income again I'll get a smartphone through Virgin Mobile and get the app to make it that much easier to track. I sift through the boards a lot though it can really help with motivation.

I use MyFitnessPal. Well, used it more in the past than I have recently. I could really use some friends on that site to encourage me to log in once in a while! I'm fastergoofy over there too if anyone wants to add me. :D

I'll go and look for you now, fastergoofy!

As an update, I've lost 5 pounds in my first 4 weeks :cool1:

When I use it, I lose weight. When I don't use MFP, I stop losing weight.

I've lost 23 pounds with it, but can't seem to stick with it lately.

I kinda need to actually as I had a blood vessel leading to my heart break off this summer and cause me 2 small heart attacks.:eek: ...and I'm 46!

Doctors said it was a fluke and happens in rare instances with women in their forties. I weigh 214 and while I was recovering in the hospital and getting tests done, I'm being helped by nurses and lab tech's who weigh significantly more than me.

I can't help but wonder why I was so unlucky. :rolleyes: I don't have Heart Disease they said but my good cholesterol and potassium levels are low.

I was riding my bike to work (7 miles) and doing treadmill on the days I didn't. Now exercise is out until I have my stress test, so I'm left with dieting and MFP for now.

I'm contemplating the South Beach Diet as it was originally developed for heart patients.

I would love to add you fastergoofy as a 'friend' on MFP! I will be pretty active from now on as dieting as taken on new meaning.

I'm pershinh in MFP (bad typing, it was supposed to be my disboard name)

There is actually a pretty good group of WISHers on MFP. Look me up (Haunny) and I have a bunch of them as friends. I don't use it as much as I should, but I do like having friends on it, they add a little accountability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter