• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Does Asian Food Make You Itch?" Breaking Tradition: Spring Break @ DLR*UPDATE 1/27

Since my last update, a LOT has happened. The most important of which being...I WENT TO DISNEY WORLD! I am not planning on doing a whole trip report on that one since I did not really ever get a chance to journal. However, I will probably post some of the pictures onto the end of this TR.

The next morning, we slept a little later because we had caught up to California time. We got ready pretty fast and headed over to Californian Adventure.

The entrance really reminded me of Hollywood Studios!!

We booked it to Carsland. Oh my gosh-the theming in this area is probably the best job I have seen Disney do besides the new Tangled bathrooms. It is SO spot on to the movie!!

We got in a moderate line for Radiator Springs Racers and I have to admit-Test Track has some competition. This was ADORABLE!!

Ignore my awkward head/bow haha.

I love the Asian lady in the back seat. We had SO many unintentional photobombers this trip!

We did Luigi's Flying Tires next which was also PERFECTLY themed! All of the Italian music, flags, names, etc. were fabulous!

The whole concept of this ride was neat. Kind of like a huge air hockey game.

Continued in next post

Following now!! You are so detailed with the report, I'm loving it. It brings back so many good memories, even though I have been to DL 5 times, I haven't been in over a year and a half.......so it is nice to see everything!!

We walked outside and found a Mimi's Café right across the street! It was raining really hard, though, so we basically sprinted all the way to the restaurant.

Our waiter was great, but a bit awkward haha. As soon as we got there, he told us, "Bon-SWOR!!" I was like...nice French. Never heard it pronounced it that way before...:rolleyes1

The food was fantastic, though! I got the Caesar salad, which I demolished. I was fabulous. Nothing to finish off a busy day like a flavorful Caesar salad!

IMG_0514_zps6dde4fc2.jpg

Blake got a hamburger with onion rings. He was a bit disappointed about the size, but he said that it all tasted very good-especially the onion rings!

IMG_0518_zpsfe9339d3.jpg

My dad got the cobb salad which he said was really good!

IMG_0519_zps5b0577be.jpg

Mom got some grilled chicken with cantaloupe which looked really good!!

IMG_0517_zps46cf79ac.jpg

Oh, and one of the best parts is that all salads come with muffins, so my dad got a cinnamon apple one and I got a double chocolate chip muffin!

Just look at this.

IMG_0515_zps05a140b8.jpg

IMG_0516_zpse7bca167.jpg

Beautiful, right?

It was heavenly, like...OH MY GOSH WHERE HAS THIS BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE? Disney seriously needs to invest in some of these babies.

As we headed back, we just took in the Anaheim area. The rain had kind of died down a bit, so we actually could walk. My family loves to people watch and we noticed this one interesting lady sitting on a bench. She was an elderly African American woman who, I suppose, was homeless. She had a night gown on and wore some kind of turban. But, the weirdest part was that she just sat there like a rock never looking any one in the eyes. It was honestly pretty scary. And she had something under her clothes...maybe a big box of some kind? I honestly have no idea, but it was this really odd shape.

Anyways, we ended up seeing her every night we walked by this bench. So, it kind of became a joke. If you got lost...head to the hidden-box turban lady. She became a landmark to us, haha.

As soon as we got back to the hotel, we took showers, watched some Fresh Prince, and then konked out. We were so exhausted. And 10:30 there was like 12:30 back in Houston. Correction: We were BEYOND exhausted.

Okay, I had to chuckle at this. Because his French greeting, "Bon-Swor", which is really Bonsoir is the way to say hello at night time instead of Bonjour. I just found that really funny for some reason!! :P

Resource: Two years of high school french

Following now!! You are so detailed with the report, I'm loving it. It brings back so many good memories, even though I have been to DL 5 times, I haven't been in over a year and a half.......so it is nice to see everything!!

Okay, I had to chuckle at this. Because his French greeting, "Bon-Swor", which is really Bonsoir is the way to say hello at night time instead of Bonjour. I just found that really funny for some reason!! :P

Resource: Two years of high school french

Thanks for joining in! And wow...that makes me feel really dumb! :lmao: The worst part is...I will will be starting French 1 this summer!! I held off on a foreign language this school year so I am doing it now... Looks like I have a ways to go...:rolleyes2

LionKingDramaQueen said:
Thanks for joining in! And wow...that makes me feel really dumb! :lmao: The worst part is...I will will be starting French 1 this summer!! I held off on a foreign language this school year so I am doing it now... Looks like I have a ways to go...:rolleyes2

Don't be so hard on yourself!! You have never even taken french!! But I must say french is soooo wonderful!!! Good luck on taking it this summer Abby or Abbi ( don't remember which spelling sorry!!)

Wow. A seven month hiatus. There's a record for the books. Oh well, I am back for good. So let's get this thing finished!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After our adventures in Carsland, we headed over to Paradise Pier for some thrill!

Oh, hey there, Mater!

Awkward family photo time. How many families have a group picture in a net of fish?

:sad:It's just so beautiful!!:sad:

We decided to hit up California Screamin', first! And by we, I mean Blake and my dad while mom and I wimped out and took pictures. In my mother's defense, she was feeling dizzy. In my defense...I'm just a coward.

Dad and Blake are in the third row awkwarding it out with their "ready to go" faces.

I am fairly sure I got dizzier than they did while trying to follow their car with my camera throughout their ride. As deduced from the lack of pictures, I failed miserably.

Next on our list:

We stopped to get a few ice creams first, though, because what other way is there to wait out a long ride queue than stuff your faces?

I just really like food, okay?

I took pictures of my score from TSMM (its weird adding the extra M for the DCA version), but it is far too shameful to post. Let's just leave the shooting games to Blake.

Now, here is where MY thrill of the day comes in. My lovely family decided they were going to force me to ride Mickey's Fun Wheel-which I affectionately call Mickey's DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN Wheel. Because, honestly, it's only a matter of time before someone dies on that sucker...unless someone already has.

I'll do research and get back to you.

Anyways, I'm Abigail Hardy and I am terrified of heights. SO the idea of dangling millions of miles in the air did not sound too dazzling to me.

That was definitely not an exaggeration.

However, I am here to report to you with these never before seen photos taken amidst a panic attack by yours truly.

Beautiful, isn't it? I wouldn't know. My vision was obscured by tears.

I felt bad for the two women who were forced to endure my freak out in our gondola.

At the same time, however, I wish I would have made a bigger fuss and annoyed them more, because they thought it was just so FREAKING FUNNY TO JUMP AROUND AND MAKE THE GONDOLA SWAY THE WHOLE TIME.

Pardon my caps.

While, my mother and I were just having the best stinking time of our lives up in the gondola of death, Blake and my dad one-upped us.

Yep, they did the ones that slide all over the place.

Blimey, I get sick just looking at those.

I am fully welcoming the opportunity to put that behind us and move on to discussing the only real reason we are actually here.

FOOD!!

Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta was the lucky winner and BOY WAS IT A WINNER.

I ordered the five cheese ravioli with pesto.

Everyone was boring and ordered the chicken caesar salad, which was still very good, but I mean, come on...

Seriously, though, guys...THIS PLACE ROCKED.

Now, for an episode of "Abby Never Knows What To Do With Her Hands In Pictures".

We grabbed fastpasses for Goofy's Fly School and headed over to the Little Mermaid's Undersea Adventure.

Peekaboo.

They're perfect. Although, I am fairly sure Eric is blinking. Oh well. We all have our off-days.

We headed off to Grizzly Run next, although we got so soaked and looked so gross that those picture are also to remain concealed...

Continued in next post

It was about time for our fastpasses, so we skipped on over to Goofy's Fly School. I actually really liked this one. Kind of a combo of Primeval Whirl and Barnstormer.

Sunglasses on. Gettin' serious.

Next was one of MY favorite attractions: ALADDIN THE MUSICAL.

Oh my goodness. It was pure perfection.

Everyone's vocals were amazing and I was so tripped out by the special effects and stunts. It took me a second to realize that there had to be multiple "Aladdins" because they just kept flying out of places I KNOW he could not have gotten to in time. Overall, a fantastic show so props to the cast and Disney. You guys rock.

I was SO excited to try the new Monster's Inc. ride-especially in anticipation of the then unreleased Monster's University!!

Oh, look! Blake WAS actually on the trip! Also, totally dying because of how young he looks. He has changed SO MUCH in the past year. Blimey!

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

What up, Roz?

We absolutely HAD to do Turtle Talk since it is one of our favs in WDW.

At the time, I distinctly remember telling my dad that I did not need to write down any specifically funny encounters because I would remember them. Well...that was before I planned on a ten month trip report.

So no stories from here, guys. Sorry! :confused3

TIME FOR MORE FOOD!

We did the Wine Country Trattoria (and no, I can not pronounce it...so do not ask) dinner package with World of Color! It was a great deal!

I have to admit, the atmosphere/hype was a bit fancy shmancy for the food quality, but it was all still SUPER GOOD.

For our appetizer, Mom and I got the salad with Fig Balsamic Vinegar. It was a great filler while we waited for the real stuff!

Blake got Minestrone soup while my dad got the Italian wedding soup. I have no clue which one this is, but I remember it smelled really good haha.

I remember the service being a little slow, but nothing unbearable.

I got the seafood pasta, which was really good, but a little spicy for me.

Everyone else got the filet mignon. I got to try a few bites and it was SO YUMMY. If I had a do-over, I would definitely order this instead.

This one already had a few bites out of it, when I took the picture. Its not THAT small haha.

We could not make up our mind for dessert, so what better thing to do than try them all?! This is the dessert sampler tray!

There was some kind of dip on the side, but apparently, it had already been eaten when I took the picture. I was off my game that night and waited until it was too late to take food pics.

We had a little time to burn before WoC started so we headed over to Soarin'!

Then, Blake and I did the Animation Academy. We got to draw the Mouse, himself!

The...IT WAS TIME FOR WORLD OF COLOR!

Okay, so I understand this is definitely an unpopular opinion. But, I honestly believe that WoC puts Wishes/Illuminations/Fantasmic! to shame. Now, do not get me wrong. I LOVE all of those. WDW is my home park and will always have a bigger place in my heart than DLR, but WoC was just SO cool!

We had priority seating because of our dinner so that just made it all the more cooler.

Blake was obviously thrilled to be there.

SO PRETTY

It was a perfect way to end the night and I distinctly remember sleeping like a baby because I was WORN OUT. But, it was so worth it.

So glad you are up and going with this one again. Since we are getting close to trip time again you had better finish this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter