Does BW Park Place allow 6 in a room?

lauraljp

Mouseketeer
We already have reservations for ES Garden Grove, but as our trip approaches I am having second thoughts about transportation issues with ART and/or parking.

BW looks like the mini suites hold 6 with 2 queens and a sofabed, but on-line it does not allow me to book 6 in a room.

Not sure if we will switch at this late date, but just wondering if anyone has had experience with a family or group of 6.

Thanks.

Laura

I don't know if they will actually allow 6 in a room, but since it's a motel (separate doors for each room) I doubt they will monitor your comings and goings. Is it just family? If you get the 2 Queen mini suite, it would have to be 2 people per bed.

It is just our family. My kids don't mind too much if they have to sleep together.

Laura

Then I don't think it would be a problem at all. The room is bigger than a standard room, a little cramped for 6, but you'll probably just use it for sleeping anyway, right?

lauraljp said:
We already have reservations for ES Garden Grove, but as our trip approaches I am having second thoughts about transportation issues with ART and/or parking.

BW looks like the mini suites hold 6 with 2 queens and a sofabed, but on-line it does not allow me to book 6 in a room.

Not sure if we will switch at this late date, but just wondering if anyone has had experience with a family or group of 6.

Thanks.

Laura
We are going with six in August to BWPPI. I called in April and they said that they do not make a distinction if you have more than five. And six will fit in the mini-suites.

We just got back from BWPPI and had a mini suite. Although there were only 3 of us 6 would have fit just fine! There are 2 queens and 1 pull out couch that will sleep 2. you can NOT beat the proximity and will NOT have to worry about driving and parking once you get there!

Could you share if you were pleased with this place? I'm still in a quandry about where to stay and trying to look over all options...thanks.. :flower:

mickey4ver said:
Could you share if you were pleased with this place? I'm still in a quandry about where to stay and trying to look over all options...thanks.. :flower:
I mean, don't get me wrong, if we had lots of discretionary income, we'd be at the GC. :wizard: But for those of us on a budget, the BWPPI worked just fine. We stayed there last year - here's what I wrote in a previous thread:

We like it - as long as you DON'T expect the Embassy Suites, you'll be fine. Like last year, we have reserved 2 mini-suite rooms, connected so that there's a door in between and our 2 boys can run between the 2 rooms (my mom and MIL are coming with us and staying in the 2nd room).

VERY convenient to the DL entrace. Breakfast is included - it's either a free continental breakfast (pastries, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee) in the upstairs room or free pancakes (tax/tip not included) in the downstairs restaurant. Again, just don't expect a fancy breakfast for free - good enough for kids, at least.

Pool is somewhat small - not a problem for us, but it's clean. Spa at the end of the pool area, didn't try it last time but might this time around. Laundry facilities are clean - 2 washers and dryers. Bring your own laundry detergent, vending machines have it available, but kinda pricey.

Rooms themselves are clean and roomy. You walk in and there's a coffee table, sofabed, chair, desk/table. Walk past the half-wall, and there should be 2 queen beds on one side, TV/dresser and fridge on the other. Fairly roomy fridge - apartment size is the term, I think.

I didn't bring a magnifying glass but the carpet and beds seemed clean enough to me - and last year, with a 2 yr and 4 yr old, I knew there would be plenty of floor time. Even the sofabed was fine - I wound up sleeping there a few nights.

The bathroom vanity is large - only one sink, but the counter space runs almost the width of the room. Toilet and shower/tub are in a separate room. I suggest bringing a night light, so that you don't have to turn on a full light in the middle of the night.

Parking spaces are okay, neither really tight but not super big either. If you leave in the middle of the day, be prepared to find the lot full if you come back at night.

Let me know if you have any other questions! The biggest plus is walking out of DL, crossing the intersection, and walking into your room.

And here's the link to the actual thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=845723

Hope this helps! :wave:

Thanks to all the Posters who have linked their trip reports about BWPPI. As you can see from my counter, I am going to be there in just over a week!

pinnie

Not a problem, you will have a GREAT time and the hotel is JUST FINE :)

Thanks for links, I will read them all and hopefully make a decision and cancel the gazillion ressies I have at every place under the sun...LOL...

Yes, I've stayed at the DL Hotel and loved it, but $$ are more of an issue this trip with 6 of us going.

Thanks again... :flower:

Pinnie, when you get back, please post your thoughts on the place...I'll be anxious to compare your thoughts to others.

I've went and read those reports, they are wonderful, thanks!!

mickey4ver said:
Pinnie, when you get back, please post your thoughts on the place...I'll be anxious to compare your thoughts to others.

I've went and read those reports, they are wonderful, thanks!!

Will do! I will be back around July 25. I am just hoping my best friend will be able to join us. We have planned this trip for so long but she is in Pensacola and Dennis is bearing down towards her. Keep your fingers crossed!

pinnie

Oh my, sorry about your friend and the storm....good wishes to them.

Have you been to DL before? This will be our 3rd trip, I love it out there. I'm on the east coast. My son and his family live in AZ, so we will be trekking out with the 2 little ones and them for 5 nights. I'm excited.... :cool1:

I totally understand and did the same thing myself!! I was totally comfortable a BW but that's just me!! We're all different and have different needs!! Hope you guys have a blast!

I think my biggest concern is not always how many ameneties the place has, although they do factor in... :flower: but I want to know the place is clean first and foremost...that bugs me more than anything.... :p I can be a hotel snob too....LOL...but my pocketbook doesn't always let me be too snobbish on where we rest at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter