Does CRT have a two-hour cancellation policy?

MaidMarian444

Mouseketeer
Hello, I can’t seem to find anything on the WDW site about the latest cancellation policy for Cinderella’s Royal Table. We have Storybook for dinner on a Monday night and then CRT the next day at 2:45 pm. It would be awesome to be able to see how the kids do at Storybook before making them sit through CRT, so would like the option to cancel CRT on Monday night. However, some blogs say it’s a 24 hour cancellation policy. Anyone know what it is these days?

there are several restaurants that didn’t fall within the two hour cancellation policy. what did the terms and conditions say when you booked? Was the booking done before the change in policy?

CRT has a 24 hour cancelation policy and also no characters until February 28th

See pictures

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230108_181844_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_181844_Disney World.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20230108_182011_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_182011_Disney World.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 30

there are several restaurants that didn’t fall within the two hour cancellation policy. what did the terms and conditions say when you booked? Was the booking done before the change in policy?
Ah, your comment reminded me that I got an email confirming my reservation so I went and looked at the email. It says “There is a 2 hour cancellation policy.” Huh, that contradicts what PK Joe sent.

That is interesting. I did a mock booking and it said 24 hours. I would definitely go in the disney app and chat with a cast member.

That is interesting. I did a mock booking and it said 24 hours. I would definitely go in the disney app and chat with a cast member.
Curiouser and curiouser. I also did a mock booking but didn't see any cancelation policy mentioned. My mock booking was for breakfast, though. Was yours for dinner? My actual reservation is for lunch. Maybe there is difference depending on the meal?

I’ve made and canceled several CRT reservations (for both lunch and breakfast) in the last month trying to get the time we wanted and all my confirmation emails say 2 hours.

I believe dinner. With it being prepaid and not cheap, I would definitely ask a cast member in chat.

Just did this mock breakfast...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109_072336_Disney World.png
    Screenshot_20230109_072336_Disney World.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 24
Just did this mock breakfast...
I’m guessing they haven’t updated that screen since they changed the cancellation policy. I think they’d have a hard time charging you if you cancelled more than 2 hours before the meal if that’s what your confirmation email says, but PKJoe’s suggestion to ask a cast member is probably the safest bet to be sure.

I’d definitely save the confirmation email and if it came to it, I’d dispute the credit card charge if they didn’t honor the 2 hour cancellation, assuming that is what your email confirmation says. But that would be a huge hassle and asking to confirm is safer.

I just checked my confirmation emails, CRT says 2 hours in the confirmation email.
But also, generally speaking "24 hours" meant the day before. Not literally 24 hours.
But I wouldn't want to risk a small sum on that interpretation.

I’ve made and canceled several CRT reservations (for both lunch and breakfast) in the last month trying to get the time we wanted and all my confirmation emails say 2 hours.
I’m trying this now. So if I keep canceling and booking now (60+ days out since my on property reservation window just opened) I’m never subject to the penalty?

I’m trying this now. So if I keep canceling and booking now (60+ days out since my on property reservation window just opened) I’m never subject to the penalty?
I’d read carefully, things may have changed since I posted this. I can confirm from our trip in late January that the confirmation email I received when I booked listed the correct cancellation policy, so pay attention to what it says. We were able to cancel less than 24 hrs but but more than two hours with no penalty.

Keep in mind the pending charge may hang around on your credit card online transaction for a while before it’s reversed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter