Does Disney still have a yearly theme?

TeamEvansGo

Mouseketeer
It's been a while since I have kept up with everything going on at WDW. I remember in the past that there were themes for the year (year of a million wishes or something like that and limited time magic etc.)

Did they give up on that? It doesn't seem like they pushed any sort of promotion when I booked my vacation recently.

Nothing this year that I know of. Last year they had limited time magic, which basically was a bust. Not sure if they had anything in 2012, it may have been that limited bust also.

Yup. Show your Disney side. I really didn't see anything big about it when we were there in July.

My fave. so far was the Celebrate You. I loved the little song that went with it. It was also our first trip. It kind of has stuck with me.

I hope for 2015 they have something fun, and a awesome planning DVD would be great.

I think the marketing campaign missed its mark when the fans forget what the theme is for this year. I had been thinking about a couple weeks back and I forgot there was the 'show your Disney side' thing happening also.

It may not be the "official" theme but anyone who has been there this year knows that the theme this year is actually Frozen. ;)

Was 2012's theme "What are you celebrating?"?
I don't remember any other theme while there that year- but I definitely wasn't as informed as to what's going on in the parks as I am now... Thank you DisBoards!

Yup. Show your Disney side. I really didn't see anything big about it when we were there in July.

My fave. so far was the Celebrate You. I loved the little song that went with it. It was also our first trip. It kind of has stuck with me.

I hope for 2015 they have something fun, and a awesome planning DVD would be great.

Loved that song. Gets stuck in my head from time to time.

But yeah, "Show Your Disney Side"...still not 100% what that even means or what they're doing with it. They still give out the celebration buttons now, but it seems about half or less of the CM's notice or care that you wear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter