• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Disney still transfer luggage from resort to resort? Just heard they might have discontinued luggage transfer from Disney Chat online

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
We will be trasferring 2 times during our stay. Just heard form Disney chat they may not be doing trasfers anymore. Anyone trasferred lately?
Here is the Chat online conversation.
Does Bell service transfer luggage from Copper Creek to Shades of Green?

Ardis Rae
at 8:40, Apr 30:
I will double check but last I heard they havent been doing luggage transfers at all.

You
at 8:41, Apr 30:

thanks for checking

Ardis Rae
at 8:42, Apr 30:
It may take me a few minutes but I am still here

Ardis Rae
at 8:45, Apr 30:
I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you to assist you with all your Disney travel needs.

You

ok

Ardis Rae
Im not finding anything

You
at 8:46, Apr 30:

ok, thanks

Ardis Rae
Im the type of person that would still go and ask them but more then likely they wont.

sprites_v1.png

We will be trasferring 2 times during our stay. Just heard form Disney chat they may not be doing trasfers anymore. Anyone trasferred lately?
Here is the Chat online conversation.
Does Bell service transfer luggage from Copper Creek to Shades of Green?

Ardis Rae
at 8:40, Apr 30:
I will double check but last I heard they havent been doing luggage transfers at all.

You
at 8:41, Apr 30:

thanks for checking

Ardis Rae
at 8:42, Apr 30:
It may take me a few minutes but I am still here

Ardis Rae
I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you to assist you with all your Disney travel needs.

You

ok

Ardis Rae
Im not finding anything

You

ok, thanks

Ardis Rae
Im the type of person that would still go and ask them but more then likely they wont.

sprites_v1.png
Well, I don’t know about Shades of Green being part of luggage transfers. Someone else will have to answer that. But…Ardis Rae is not correct about luggage transfers not being offered between Disney resorts. I’ve been doing that for years, most recently in March 2023.

Thanks for all the replys and links. I called guest services, non-reservation number. The cast member confirmed that they still transfer luggage to Disney Hotels. They also transfer to Shades of Green.
We have not stayed at Shades but may extend our stay for one extra night so that we can get a different flight. We are unable to add a day at our prior hotel, Cooper Creek. Also have never stayed at the Shades of Green, thought it might be fun even for just a day.

I don't think they will transfer to Shades of Green as it is not owned by Disney.

On property, but different (no Disney transportation, no magic band use, account not linked, etc.).

I know luggage can be transfered between SwandolphinReserve and Disney resorts, personal experience.

A PP confirmed transfer with SoG.
Quick Question: How did luggage transfer work out for you between Disney resort and Swan/Dolphin Reserve? I have an upcoming stay in May at Pop Century, and transfering to the Swan Reserve to attend a wedding. I am nervous about sending lugagge between a Disney and non-Disney owned resort, but it would be so much easier and allow me to save the funds from a Minnie Van ride.

Quick Question: How did luggage transfer work out for you between Disney resort and Swan/Dolphin Reserve? I have an upcoming stay in May at Pop Century, and transfering to the Swan Reserve to attend a wedding. I am nervous about sending lugagge between a Disney and non-Disney owned resort, but it would be so much easier and allow me to save the funds from a Minnie Van ride.
I have done this several times. It has been seamless.

I’ve done it multiple times. No different from Disney to Disney for me.

Never done this but with anything other than a Disney resort, you aren't guaranteed to get your luggage for a very long time, until after check-in time. This doesn't affect my group much because we are usually transferring luggage on a park day so we don't get back to the room until after dinner time.

So, if you need it for a wedding that afternoon/evening, you should take your luggage in an Uber or Lyft (cheaper than a Minnie van) between your two resorts.

Edited:

Last edited:
Check out is 11. Late checkout can be noon, occassionally later.
Check in is generally 4p. The goal is to get the luggage delivered by late afternoon.

Self transfer stuff you'll need the day you transfer

So, if you need it for a wedding that afternoon/evening, you should take your luggage in an Uber or Lyft (cheaper than a Minnie van) between your two resorts.
Definitely agree with this! I did a split stay between one of the All Stars and Dolphin, and at the urging of luggage services, let them transfer my suitcase to Dolphin, totally forgetting that my laptop was in the suitcase. Did not get suitcase until around 5ish and my laptop was damaged. No one would take responsibility for it since I couldn't prove whether it was damaged by Disney during the transfer or Dolphin once they received it.
I've never done a luggage transfer since then, even between 2 Disney resorts because someone was awfully rough with my suitcase considering my laptop was very well padded by clothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter