Does Disneyland play regular music during the holidays?

buttercup3

Mouseketeer
We're going to be in the parks the week after Thanksgiving, and I had read a while ago about Christmas music playing in the park.
Is there any usual Disney themed music playing anywhere or is it all Christmas music?
Not that I mind the Christmas music, but I'll also miss the regular music if that's the case!

Well, Christmas music is in the mix, and some of it is Disney songs rethemed to sound more Christmas like, there is still the classics. For example, on busy days during the Christmas season, there will be two parades, the "Christmas Parade", which will feature classic Christmas songs, and Disney songs with the Christmas twist. But Paint the Night will have the standard Disney music without a Christmas theme.

Some rides do get a Christmas twist, such as "it's a small world", but most stay the same all year long.

Walking down Main Street, you get Christmas carols instead of the typical turn of the century ragtime themes. Same with entering DCA. However, each land tends to keep it's normal music loop with a few exceptions. I know at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, they'd play western Christmas music - not sure if that'll move to main Frontierland or not. And I believe Cars Land plays Christmas music from the 50s/60s.

Thanks! That helps! What about the music playing in each land over the loudspeakers?

Walking down Main Street, you get Christmas carols instead of the typical turn of the century ragtime themes. Same with entering DCA. However, each land tends to keep it's normal music loop with a few exceptions. I know at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, they'd play western Christmas music - not sure if that'll move to main Frontierland or not. And I believe Cars Land plays Christmas music from the 50s/60s.
Sorry, didn't see your response before I typed my next question!
Thanks!! So happy to know I won't totally miss out on the usual music!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter