Does ECV fit with 3rd seat in?

MrsJackSparrow

<font color=dark blue>Secretly has the hots for Ca
Just wondering if an ECV rented from one of the off-Disney-site places will fit in a Ford Windstar with the third row bench seat in. DM needs ECV but would like to get one that's a little more reliable than the Disney variety. Don't know if one will fit in our car!

Thanks! :wave:

The off-site rentals will break into five pieces. Two battery packs, the seat, the motor/rear wheel assembly, and the body (which includes the floorboard, front wheel and tiller, and seat support). The heaviest piece weighs about 39 pounds.

In rental cars, for example, a Buick Century trunk will hold one broken down but snugly; a LeSabre will hold one easily, and a Park Avenue will have plenty of extra room. I have a 1997 Taurus; I can get my ECV into the trunk with some difficuly, ut if I am in a hurry I will put the seat just on the back seat of the car.

If you have a minivan or SUV with no rear seat you would probably be able to put it in assembled, but you are looking at a total weight over 100 pounds and it would take two healthy people to lift it in and out.

Thanks Cheshire Figment but my question really was whether a rental ECV would fit in the back of the minivan WITH the third row seat in the van. There are 5 of us in the car, so we definitely need the third seat in. Won't bother with an off-site rental if I can't get it in the car - unassembled is just fine, just want to know dimensions of the units.

Thanks again!

If you go to Walker's site www.walkermobility.com and click on the "Scooter Assembly" tab you will see the separate parts. My ECV is just like the one in the picture (I bought it used from Walker last year).

The motor/rear wheel assembly is about 24"" wide at the tires. It is about 12" high and about 12" front to back.

The battery packs are cubes about 7" on a side.

The seat is about 21" wide (at the arms) and about 21" front to back.

The main body is 32" long and about 21" wide.

Looking at the pictures and mentally roughing in these dimensions should give you a fairly good idea if it will fit.

::yes:: Thanks so much! That was exactly what I was looking for, just didn't know where to look for it on their website.

:wave2:

You might also want to just give Walker Mobility a phone call -
1-888-SCOOTER. I rented an ECV from them last week. We took it apart to get it into the trunk of our car, but when my cousin picked us up, it fit in her Trailblazer with no problem - didn't even have to remove the seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter