Does everyone have to use his/her own DDP credits?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
Here's a question I should know the answer to, but I wanted to check with the experts. Does everyone have to use his/her own DDP credits, or do they go into a big virtual pot to be used by whomever in our group? The 4 of us are going to WDW in February for a 4-night stay, but DH will miss several of our TS meals because he has to work two days (but he will be in the hotel with us, so he'll be getting DDP credits). Could we just use DH's extra credits by adding another TS meal to our plans, or do I have to use 4 TS credits, DH has to use 4 TS credits, DS11 has to use 4 TS credits and DS8 has to use 4 TS credits?

Put another way, do we just get a total of 12 adult TS credits (DS11 is considered an adult now for DDP purposes) and 4 child TS credits, such that DS11 and I could use a total of 10 adult TS credits and DH could use 2 of them?

Hopefully my question makes sense.

Thanks!

Credits are pooled by room, not by individual. You can use his credits for extra meals.

Pooled. DH and I typically leave the kids with a sitter one night and do a 2 credit meal without them. They get pizza or easy mac. This year, we are doing Food and Wine and eating everyone's snack credits.

2 questions.....

So if I wanted to go buy 3 popcorns, I could just use my wristband and it would deduct 3 credits from the pool of credits?

If I have teens that go off on their own, do I just need to stress to them that they can only use the band for 1 snack/day? I can just see my 16y/o son snacking his way through the parks and then there's no snack credits left in about 3 days! :)

2 questions.....

So if I wanted to go buy 3 popcorns, I could just use my wristband and it would deduct 3 credits from the pool of credits?

If I have teens that go off on their own, do I just need to stress to them that they can only use the band for 1 snack/day? I can just see my 16y/o son snacking his way through the parks and then there's no snack credits left in about 3 days! :)

Yes, the three would be deducted from the pool of credits.

Tell the teens that they are entitled to one free snack credit per day and after that it goes on "their" bill. We did that a few years ago with two teenage boys that came with my friend - once they thought they would have to spend money out of their "fun" money on snacks, they thought twice about it. We had excellent breakfasts planned and had snacks in our backpacks during the day for them, so it was no big deal.

All snack credits are available for use at any time by anyone registered in your room, as long as they know the PIN number, so you need to either get your teens to understand that they can use only one snack a day and you will be checking the number of credits, or you can see that they don't know the PIN and they can only buy snacks if you are there to key in the PIN (which won't really work if you are to send them off on their own).

There was a post on here from a guest on the DDP who was still at WDW, but one of their party members had not understood how the dining plan worked and had used up all the party's snack credits and half of their quick service. the poster wanted to know if Disney would reimburse the party for the credits that the errant party member used. How your party uses their credits is on you and your party - Disney won't pay you back if someone in your party uses more credits than they are "entitled" to use. So you can let your teens know that they will need to reimburse the party out of their own money for any snack they use beyond their own allotment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter