• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does everyone on this board always stay in a deluxe resort?

Oh well it always seems like everyone who's talking about their upcoming trips are always at least staying in a moderate resort, I've noticed this over the span of several months

I've often thought that it does seem like there is a high volume of posters who stay deluxe.

As a child, we stayed off site or did day trips while visiting family members in Florida. As a young adult/adult, I've always stayed mod...but our trips are fewer and further between, so we save up to stay at that level.

We have stayed at the different levels, and off site. We love ASSP, feels like home when we get there! It is costly for us to get there, so we like to stay for longer stays, and often value means that we have more to spend on things like Alex and Ani Bracelets, fun tees for DH and of course trips to Hogwarts.

More often than not , we pick value. Next week we will be checking into Wyndham Bonnet Creek. (offsite) The more I save, the longer I can stay!

Oh well it always seems like everyone who's talking about their upcoming trips are always at least staying in a moderate resort, I've noticed this over the span of several months
Well, your thread has been moved. Take some time to read the section it's now in. You'll see you've picked up an incorrect assumption.

We stay offsite. We'll, we usually spend one night at a Disney hotel and spend the day we are there at the resort to enjoy the pool ect.

Can't justify staying an entire trip, in a value, when we can get a 2-3 bedroom condo for the same price or less.

My wife and I always stay at the All Star Music. ALWAYS. Every year. Be there in 27 days and can't wait.

What the....

You surely can't be serious if you think no one here stays at the Value Resorts. Have you even bothered to read the Resorts Board?

Personally, we stay on site but we stay in all levels of resorts
We stay on site as we don't like traffic or driving in strange cities, as much as for the "bubble"
I haven't read the resorts board, just going on what I've seen on the Attractions & Strategies board. As for offsite, I of course mean somewhere that's still nice (like a well known hotel as we've done) or renting a nice house/condo or something.

Last edited:
The majority of my trips are in a value but I've also stayed off-site, in a moderate, and in both the Swan and Dolphin. I haven't been tempted to stay deluxe yet because I just don't think they are a value.

I suspect there are less posts about the values because there are less intricacies about them. No concierge, conventions, business class, etc and the values are much more similar to each other then moderates or deluxes are.

I haven't read the resorts board, just going on what I've seen on the Attractions & Strategies board
The Resort Board is a great place to get a better sense of where people stay. I'd also recommend the Orlando Hotels and Attractions Board. Between the two there is a lot of helpful information.

Most of our trips (WDW 10x) have been at value resorts, including one this spring will be. We have never seen the worth of spending more as we spend little time at the resort except sleep and breakfast in the room, and maybe occasional dip in the pool. Monorail resorts would be great if just to avoid the buses! But every time we book cannot justify the much higher cost and we go with - and end up happy with (except the dreaded buses!) value resort.

Most of our trips (WDW 10x) have been at value resorts, including one this spring will be. We have never seen the worth of spending more as we spend little time at the resort except sleep and breakfast in the room, and maybe occasional dip in the pool. Monorail resorts would be great if just to avoid the buses! But every time we book cannot justify the much higher cost and we go with - and end up happy with (except the dreaded buses!) value resort.

Right, we never spend much time at a resort when we've stayed there either

This will be our tenth trip (I think) and we have stayed once at a moderate (it was Dixie Landings then) and the rest Deluxe with all but two of them CL. Disney vacations for us is away to get away from the "world" so we don't drive. I have also never used the ME bus because I hate wasting time sitting on a bus, it's just nicer to have a Town car pick us up and the cost is not bad at all. We enjoy staying at the BWI due to the short walks to two parks and the monorail to a third. I also agree with many of the other posters that we are not rich in any way shape or form but would not stay at Disney if we had to stay at the Value resorts. That said I do everything I can to get good rates and would never pay rack rates for any Disney hotels. We also tend to go during Disney's value season to save more.

If we were the type that spent all day at the parks then I would be ok with a moderate resort but we spend as much time at the resort as we do at the parks. The BWI works very well for us due to location and the fact that there is so much to do around the resort day or night.

I know a lot of people stay in value resorts (otherwise Disney wouldn't have them) and also a lot of people stay offsite (otherwise all those hotels would cease to exist) and a lot of people are semi-local and do day trips (what we usually do, Disney gets quite a lot of FL residents) but it seems that there's almost no one on the boards who falls into that category. Seems almost no one here would even consider any of those things. I guess this board skews rich or something, but are there any people here who either stay in value resorts or stay offsite or do day trips?
I own DVC, so I usually stay at DVC resorts. When we don't stay DVC I will stay Value or Moderate (the last time we got a great deal where CSR was only $15 more per night than POP). I've stayed at all the values except AOA and all the moderates plus the DVC side of all the deluxes.

It is a very common refrain here that a person when someone asks where they should stay, people always suggest that they upgrade to a more expensive resort. Staying at a Value? A Mod is sooo much better! Staying at a Mod? A Deluxe is sooo much better! Have a child in a stroller? Only a monorail resort will do :snooty:. I truly believe that DISers enjoy helping other people spend their money :rotfl:.

Values have the best buses. Try taking the bus from a deluxe, it will make you appreciate the value buses.

Note also: This thread got moved to Disney Resorts. There is also a board for off-site resorts.

Don't care for the values. But do want to stay at AoA one day. I really must have a moderate or deluxe. It is going to be a tight squeeze for my family of four now, when staying moderate. Loved the size of the Yacht Club rooms.

I've stayed everywhere from International Drive to the Grand Floridian. As other posters have noted, it is more about the purpose of that trip. I've stayed at several Disney Springs hotels and enjoyed them just as much as being on property, and have enjoyed the convenience of walking into Food and Wine from an Epcot resort. This trip is my first value stay....we needed a second bathroom and are trying out the AOA as it has gotten great reviews. We made our ADRs and know that we can't experience TS dining there, however, we are looking forward to taking pictures with all the over the top theming, etc. that AOA offers.

Tom

There are a lot of threads talking about the Moderates and Deluxes yes, so I can understand just by looking at the topics that people only stay at those hotels. But we can assure you plenty stay at the value resorts, or off-site, etc. I think there are just a lot of questions about Moderates and Deluxes due to the number of them. There are only a handful of Values, so it's easier to decide which ones to stay at and what benefits each has, while there are a ton of Moderates and Deluxes, so those require more research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter