Does Fro-Hate really make sense?

I think going forward this is how it's going to be now. If they get a hit, they will capitalize on it, again and again and again.

They did the sort-of the same thing with Stitch back when that was a huge hit.

Tough to "follow the money". Frozen has done well. Sure. But take a look at the worldwide receipts for the Ironman franchise, the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and the Avenger/Thor/Captain America franchises. Collectively, they put Frozen to shame. So what have those franchises funded? As I say, it isn't really a "money in the box office/money out to the parks" equation.

I don't think anyone begrudges the Frozen success, and I only half-joke about the Ice Coaster. I think that some of what you are seeing is backlash against hard ticket events and cupcake/dance parties when what we would all like to see is cool E-Ticket Attractions. If Disney built a ride as cool (pardon the pun) as the Haunted Mansion, or Pirates of the Caribbean, or TSMM and themed it after Frozen, I don't think you'd hear much complaining here. But the stuff that WDW is doing with Frozen has sort of a desperate, spur of the moment feel to it and lacking in Imagineering or permanence. I don't think people hate Frozen as much as they hate slipshod opportunism.

I do agree that, as time goes on there will be more pressure to build a substantive "ride" or "attraction" based on Frozen. I won't argue that the frozen events were clearly put together hastily to try to "catch lightning in a bottle." They seemed pretty enjoyable to many though, I will say. Time will tell on the point you make regarding a substantive attraction though. I agree that they will need to do something there, and that Hollywood Studios does not seem the right place for it in the end (as that should stay Pixar/Star Wars based). It seems that Frozen would make the most sense in Magic Kingdom, but space it obviously at a premium there and it hardly needs any "help."

I love Frozen and am actually glad it is the "chosen" dvd that plays on a continuous loop. Let the Haters hate!

I think a lot of the "hate" stems from Frozen being over-hyped and over-exposed. When I saw Frozen in the theater for the first time I left thinking, "Well that was an okay movie, but it wasn't nearly as great as everyone was making it out to be." In other words, my expectations were not met. Had I not heard about how great the movie was before I saw it, I probably would have liked it more. Add to that the fact that Frozen and "the song" are EVERYWHERE, and the indifference starts to turn into dislike.

I think the over-exposure of Frozen wouldn't bother me as much if I thought it were a better movie. There are MANY Disney & Pixar movies that are much better than Frozen, IMO. I don't think the Frozen hate just stems from "hating what is popular" (though I'm sure some people do hate it for that simple reason). For me, the "hate" stems from the fact that something that is so popular isn't the best Disney has to offer.

That being said, I don't really mind the people that do love Frozen. We wouldn't be seeing it everywhere if there weren't a lot of people that love it, and my opinion is definitely not the only one that matters. Feel free to love Frozen--I promise not to judge! (Just so long as you promise not to judge me for my love of Tangled! :love:)

The movie is cute, not mind-blowing or earth shattering, but cute. I think that most people who detest frozen is because Diz is basically shoving it down everyone's throat - repeatedly. For instance not only did they kill the Maelstrom for it but they've pillaged all of Norway including the church.

Hate is a strong word because that is the word this nation uses as a whole for disagreement. It is overused and quite ridiculous. If you disagree with choices people make, you hate them. If you do not like a certain kind of music, movie, food, etc, you hate it.

We do not "hate" Frozen, but we are quite sick of it. Frozen has taken over WDW at a rapid rate. To the point where we are not going for a while. We are sick of everything being about Ana and Elsa. We need a new princess. The movie was cute, the songs are good, but it is time to put Frozen in the freezer and LET IT GO!

I don't hate frozen nor am I annoyed with the frozen theme being showcase continuously throughout the theme parks but when I was at POR last October I expected to see Tiana or The Princess and the Frog related memorabilia at the resort; nope, nothing...but low and behold, frozen memorabilia as far as the eye could see, down in the Louisiana Bayou Lol!

I don't hate frozen nor am I annoyed with the frozen theme being showcase continuously throughout the theme parks but when I was at POR last October I expected to see Tiana or The Princess and the Frog related memorabilia at the resort; nope, nothing...but low and behold, frozen memorabilia as far as the eye could see, down in the Louisiana Bayou Lol!

I'm on the 'hater' side of things. My extreme dislike of Frozen has nothing at all to do with the movie's popularity. Hate is a strong word, but I think one should interpret it in context. I 'hate' Frozen the same way I hate ingrown toenails; obviously I don't feel as strongly about Frozen as I do about genocide (which I think warrants actual hate), for instance.

I found Frozen to be painfully boring. I've only seen it once (in the theatre), but felt like a squirmy, bored little kid while it was on. If it hadn't been for my DD, I would have walked out of the theatre (and I've NEVER walked out of a movie). Then again, I normally can't stand cartoons (I'll leave if one comes on), with most Disney and Pixar movies being the exception. (Luckily, despite being princess crazy, DD would rather watch sitcoms than cartoons, and DS is young enough that he doesn't care about tv.)

The only Frozen I've been repeatedly exposed to is the music, which on it's own doesn't really bother me. Thank goodness my DD doesn't sing Let it Go all day long, nor does she have the movie going on a loop.

Like others have said, I can't blame Disney for capitalizing on Frozen's popularity. They'd be stupid not to. When we go to WDW in May, we'll do the E&A M&G and maybe the song-along, but it doesn't sound like we'll be inundated with Frozen if we don't want to be. (I am glad our trip doesn't coincide with the summer of fun.)

Perhaps the OP is of the "If you're not with us you're against us." mentality. If I don't LOVE all things Frozen, then I must HATE it. No middle ground allowed. No personal opinion or preferences allowed. If you don't happen to adore the latest hot thing then there must be something wrong with you. Well excuuuuuuuuse me! I found the movie to be entertaining. That's it. Do I ridicule those who love it? No. To each his own. I dislike having to run up against Frozen every time I turn around in the parks. I abhor the change of Maelstrom. Do I castigate or cast aspersions on those who enjoy the current Frozen offerings in the parks. I do not. I'm not sure why the OP is unable to give others the courtesy of allowing them their own opinions.

I love fro's

$_35.JPG

". . . you can skip the Frozen stuff at Disney . . ."

That's getting more and more difficult to do. It's everywhere! The good thing is that, eventually, it will all die down just like Lilo and Stitch--and I did hate that movie!

Frozen--I promise not to judge! (Just so long as you promise not to judge me for my love of Tangled! :love:)

I'm not judging. I think we both know Tangled was the best Disney movie EVER!

Hey..I'm a middle aged woman and I LOVED Frozen!
To each their own is right because I thought The Lion King was lame. It's one of my least favorites. So..different strokes.

Hate is a strong word because that is the word this nation uses as a whole for disagreement. It is overused and quite ridiculous. If you disagree with choices people make, you hate them. If you do not like a certain kind of music, movie, food, etc, you hate it.

We do not "hate" Frozen, but we are quite sick of it. Frozen has taken over WDW at a rapid rate. To the point where we are not going for a while. We are sick of everything being about Ana and Elsa. We need a new princess. The movie was cute, the songs are good, but it is time to put Frozen in the freezer and LET IT GO!

Oh God no!! There are more than enough princesses. How about something for the boys?

It's not so much that I hate the movie...I don't. I hate the never ending hype and the way that they will milk it no matter what...rushing to get Frozen 2 out usually means that it will be subpar and thrown together.

I love fro's

$_35.JPG
Lol. yes

Ok. I don't hate the movie, I hate what they've done to frozen. I hate any venture that is dumbed down and then literally shoved down your face 24/7.
Didn't like it with Hannah Montana, the nightmare on Christmas.

And the biggest problem is that it's not even well done. just more like "what can we slap together to sell a shirt".

Instead of taking their time and putting disney imagineers to work, and coming up with some thing original, what's exciting about frozen in the parks?

Now those with little ones, its not a problem, they are easily entertained

I think a lot of the "hate" stems from Frozen being over-hyped and over-exposed. When I saw Frozen in the theater for the first time I left thinking, "Well that was an okay movie, but it wasn't nearly as great as everyone was making it out to be." In other words, my expectations were not met. Had I not heard about how great the movie was before I saw it, I probably would have liked it more. Add to that the fact that Frozen and "the song" are EVERYWHERE, and the indifference starts to turn into dislike.

I think the over-exposure of Frozen wouldn't bother me as much if I thought it were a better movie. There are MANY Disney & Pixar movies that are much better than Frozen, IMO. I don't think the Frozen hate just stems from "hating what is popular" (though I'm sure some people do hate it for that simple reason). For me, the "hate" stems from the fact that something that is so popular isn't the best Disney has to offer.

That being said, I don't really mind the people that do love Frozen. We wouldn't be seeing it everywhere if there weren't a lot of people that love it, and my opinion is definitely not the only one that matters. Feel free to love Frozen--I promise not to judge! (Just so long as you promise not to judge me for my love of Tangled! :love:)
I was left with a "that's it?" feeling too. I'm irritated the popularity led to the destruction of Maelstorm instead of more expansion in fantasyland. However, I love that the popularity eats up fast passes for something my son has no interest in!

Disney is doing what Disney does...capitalize on the IT movie. My kids are too old to care. We watched the movie it was cute and that was it for us. But I have friends with little ones who are as crazy for Frozen as my girls were for the Fairies a few years ago. In a couple years it will be something else.

". . . you can skip the Frozen stuff at Disney . . ."

That's getting more and more difficult to do. It's everywhere! The good thing is that, eventually, it will all die down just like Lilo and Stitch--and I did hate that movie!

I am so disappointed that I didn't get to go to WDW when Lilo and Stitch was big like that, because it's my favorite movie ever.

I'm sort of neutral on the Frozen stuff. I like it, but am sort of perplexed by the big fuss over it. I like a sparkly blue dress as much as the next person, but this still amazes me.

Just remember..... for every person racing toward a Frozen attraction at rope drop, that's one less person in line in front of you for whatever it is you prefer to do instead. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter