Does going during June really suck?

MrsNesbet

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I work at a school and can't take vacation during the school year. All of our past trips were taken in Sept, Oct and Nov and they were great crowd wise.

This year we are going the first week of June and I am so nervous that the crowds will be awful. We are doing 3 days at US/IOA and then 6 at Disney.

We are staying on site at both places.

Can anyone who has gone in June tell me how the crowds are???

Nah, it won't suck. It'll be crowded but not crazy. We wentvthe second week of June one year and it was about like Memorial Day--not as crowded as Thanksgiving week. But the weather will still be bearable. Go have fun!! :)

I hope not. We are going that first week too. Once good thing is that all schools won't be out that early. So I'm hoping it won't be super crowded.

We also decided to go this Thanksgiving. I'm sure that will be much busier. We got annual passes when we were there in Aug and I'm hoping we can get one trip each season in.

The first week of June, crowds will not be terrible. The heat, however, is way more intense than your previous dates. The daylight hours are much longer. Hit the parks early and avoid outdoor attractions from about 2-5pm. Be prepared for more frequent afternoon thunderstorms compared to Fall as well.

More thoughts...........the best way to deal with the crowds being larger in June is to pick your park to visit each day based on the "crowd calendars". A predetermined touring plan will also help a lot. If you have never been to US/IOA before, you need to do your research in advance on those completely new experiences for you and your group. At all your parks, rope drop is your friend!

We went this year in early June. I thought it was less crowded than October. Granted it did rain a lot while we were there which may have helped with the crowds. As everyone mentioned, it's just a lot hotter in June. But I think it's totally doable if you take an afternoon break.

We love WDW in summer and have never found crowds to be problematic. Enjoy the pools & water parks while you're there. Have fun!

I am going next summer for my birthday, cause it's a big one. I usually avoid summer. BD is June 30, so yikes it will be hot and crowded (staying until the 4th). I plan on some early mornings, some late nights, and pool time (POLY!) and naps in between. A very different type trip for me.

Hello!

I work at a school and can't take vacation during the school year. All of our past trips were taken in Sept, Oct and Nov and they were great crowd wise.

This year we are going the first week of June and I am so nervous that the crowds will be awful. We are doing 3 days at US/IOA and then 6 at Disney.

We are staying on site at both places.

Can anyone who has gone in June tell me how the crowds are???

The last time we went it was really crowded - may vary from year to year!! But --- it was very hot and humid, that's the main reason we stopped going during the summer months.

We've gone the beginning of June the last 12 years and like someone else mentioned it is busy but it's not crazy. Same with the heat, it's pretty hot but usually tolerable. June is FL. rainiest month so be prepared for late afternoon/evening showers.

I have been in June. Yes, it is very hot in June in Florida. It is also very hot in June in Tennessee. When the temperature is over 90 and the humidity is way up there too, 2 or 3 degrees one way or the other is insignificant. Hydrate, sunscreen, and have fun.

One thing I noticed in June--crowds by 10:30 were OPPRESSIVE. While I prefer to rope drop any time, with that kind of crowd level, either you rope drop or you deal with the oppressive crowds.

One thing I really enjoyed about June was MK open until midnight not counting EMH. MK at midnight is just special--I don't know how to describe it; it's just really special.

If you go early June you will be fine. I've only ever gone in June. Have a great trip!

We head down as soon as DGD gets out of school, which is just before Memorial Day. We stay about 10 days, maybe 12, so extends in to the first week of June. It's one of our favorite times to go. I find the crowds very manageable. A large portion of the country are still in school at that time, they get out just after we leave.

The last two years, the summer crowds have been much lower than they used to be, particularly in June. Especially with you going in early June, when not all schools are out yet, you shouldn't have trouble with crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter