• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does MK have a Sword In The Stone?

Coral Reef Diver

Diving The Magic
Can't remember where I saw it, but there was an actual Sword In The Stone, near the carousel on the castle side. The biggest adult could not move it, but a young guest steps forward and pulls it out (under the supervision of CMs). Even though it wasn't our kid, it was pretty cool. It seemed like it was a sporadic event, not scheduled.

Do you know anything about the timing of the shows? Every hour?
It just depends on when CMs are in the area. Sometimes they may be standing near one of the shops in the area.

If your child is trying to remove the sword, make sure he does not stand on the Stone - this increases his chances of removing the sword. Because of safety concerns, the sword can only move if the child or guest is standing on the ground.

I don't think they do the old show with Merlin anymore, but my granddaughter did pull it out on her first visit when she was five. Boy were my kids, who had been trying their whole lives, jealous. LOL

We've been countless times, and I've only seen the ceremony once. We lucked out on Easter Sunday, and my son got picked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter