• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does my January 2022 Itinerary look OK?

Gussie Granger 1969

Mouseketeer
I was hoping someone could take a look and see if anything is off, I haven't planned a trip in a long time.
Visiting will be me (48), DH (48), DS on the spectrum (17) and DD (15). Staying at Caribbean Beach, for the first time. No park hoppers.

Jan 18- travel day, MK in the evening
Jan 19 - Epcot, concentrating on World Showcase / Disney Springs in the evening
Jan 20- Hollywood Studios
Jan 21- Epcot concentrating on Future World (avoiding the evening)
Jan 22- MK
Jan 23- travel day

We've never been to Florida in January, I'm researching, crowd levels etc. We've never been during a low crowd time and looking forward to it, what do low crowds feel like? Will standby be low is that just wishful thinking? Having never been to Caribbean Beach before, we want to try for Beach & Cream, will that be possible? I know ADRs are really difficult to get. Thank you for any advice.

We went about the same time last year and while we had low crowds, it definitely seemed like between MLK and presidents weekend in February had the best low crowds. That being said, I'm not sure you'll get the same experience this year. With international guests finally cleared to fly into the country, as well as higher capacity limits this year compared to last, could definitely see higher than normal crowds. It may not pan out, but I wouldn't go in fully expecting extremely low crowds either. Animal Kingdom was our best park for low crowds. Most rides were 5 minute waits all day, though my family had more fun visiting Wilderness Explorer stations and enjoying the scenary rather than the rides.

That being said, the itenerary seems fine. Are you planning to buy Genie+ for the trip? If not, how about for the first day? I would try to stack some LL passes for your arrival, though I'm not sure how easy that'll be since you're not given a time choice.

Epcot's Festival of the Arts starts the Friday before your arrival. There is definitely a lot of things to see and eat regarding that event. Be sure to plan extra time for those lines if you're able.

Enjoy your trip!

Hi there! Hope you have a great trip. Just pointing out, Beaches and Cream is at the Beach Club Resort, which is not where you are staying. Caribbean Beach is an entirely different resort/location. You may want to check into that and decide whether you want to make the effort to get to Beaches and Cream.

You may want to check into that and decide whether you want to make the effort to get to Beaches and Cream.
B&C would work out best on an Epcot day, possibly the Friday night when you were leaving early and not going to DS.

We went about the same time last year and while we had low crowds, it definitely seemed like between MLK and presidents weekend in February had the best low crowds. That being said, I'm not sure you'll get the same experience this year. With international guests finally cleared to fly into the country, as well as higher capacity limits this year compared to last, could definitely see higher than normal crowds. It may not pan out, but I wouldn't go in fully expecting extremely low crowds either. Animal Kingdom was our best park for low crowds. Most rides were 5 minute waits all day, though my family had more fun visiting Wilderness Explorer stations and enjoying the scenary rather than the rides.

That being said, the itenerary seems fine. Are you planning to buy Genie+ for the trip? If not, how about for the first day? I would try to stack some LL passes for your arrival, though I'm not sure how easy that'll be since you're not given a time choice.

Epcot's Festival of the Arts starts the Friday before your arrival. There is definitely a lot of things to see and eat regarding that event. Be sure to plan extra time for those lines if you're able.

Enjoy your trip!
I'm so used to crowds but that's good to know so we will plan accordingly and do plan on getting the new Genie +.

I'm so used to crowds but that's good to know so we will plan accordingly and do plan on getting the new Genie +.
I hope it is low for you, I have a friend that'll be there at that time as well, I just think anything could happen with international travel. Could be busy or could be slow, either way, you're at Disney! Yay. Haha.

Good luck with G+. I look forward to using it someday. Hopefully you're able to make good use of it!

Hi there! Hope you have a great trip. Just pointing out, Beaches and Cream is at the Beach Club Resort, which is not where you are staying. Caribbean Beach is an entirely different resort/location. You may want to check into that and decide whether you want to make the effort to get to Beaches and Cream.
You're right, I don't know how I got those mixed up, thank you. This is why I post questions, I always overlook something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter