Does my touring plan make sense?

duck524

Earning My Ears
This is my tentative plan for our first day at MK. Touring plans tells me this should work, but I would love opinions on whether it is realistic or what I should plan differently. Any suggestions on where we should order lunch and go to watch the parade?

Expanded EMM at 7:45am--attempt to do PPF, Pooh, Teacups, and get both parents one ride each on 7DMT. If time allows, do other available attractions to save time during day. I am worried about how much time Fairytale Hall and IASM would suck out of EMM and thought Little Mermaid might be too far out of the way to spend time walking to and from during EMM.

At 9:00am, thrill riders head to Space Mountain and non-thrill riders head to Enchanted Tales with Belle (no Fastpasses for ETWB are available until mid-afternoon). Then go to breakfast, hit Tomorrowland (using 2 Fastpasses in the 10 and 11 hours), and return to Fantasyland to work on some of the rides on the far side. Stop for lunch around 1 (mobile order and take to a spot on parade route), watch parade, then return to the castle side of Fantasyland, using a FP at Fairytale Hall, and hit Haunted Mansion and see the castle on the way out, hopefully by about 5:00pm. It is a party day and we do not have party tickets. We will be spending another half day in MK to tackle the other side of the park and hope to do Haunted Mansion both days. We cannot do the parade the other day because of an ADR at Crystal Palace.
  1. Enchanted Tales with Belle/Space Mountain
  2. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
  3. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (Uses FastPass+)
  4. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
  5. Astro Orbiter
  6. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
  7. Tomorrowland Speedway (Uses FastPass+)
  8. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  9. Walt Disney World Railroad - Fantasyland (roundtrip)
  10. Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
  11. Lunch (Around 1ish--Mobile order from somewhere in Fantasyland/Tomorrowland/Main Street and take to parade viewing spot to eat)
  12. Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
    Showtime: 2:00pm
  13. Meet Cinderella & Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall (Uses FastPass+)
  14. Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall (4th FP?)
  15. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
  16. Mickey's PhilharMagic (4th FP?)
  17. it's a small world (4th FP?)
  18. Haunted Mansion (4th FP?)
  19. Cinderella Castle

Personally, if you show up at RD, I would so more than 1 attraction before taking a breakfast break.
I would do ETwB, Buzz, Astro Orbiter, then Cosmic Rays, then do Monsters Laugh Floor.
I also think you will be able to more than you think in the morning beofre your 1 pm lunch.
We were there 2 weeks ago. We did RD, did SM, Buzz, JC, PoTC without FPs. Had FPs for 7DMT, HM, PoTC. Watched the parade.
We got extra FPs for HM, PoTC, Poo, JC, Buzz, little mermaid,
We left the park at 6pm.

The princesses are a little harder to get 4th FPs for than many of the lower tier rides. I would suggest doing TLS without FP right after Buzz and prebook both sets of FTH princesses. Then I would also do Astro Orbiter before the people mover because it gets a longer line. I agree with the pp that breakfast wastes valuable touring time (I'm a morning commando though - no smelling the roses until noon).

Also don't bother going to the Ariel ride during EMH. It is easy to get as a4th FP anytime. If you mean the M&G though, then I would do it since it's not that far from Belle.

Afternoon looks good.

Expanded EMM at 7:45am--attempt to do PPF, Pooh, Teacups, and get both parents one ride each on 7DMT. If time allows, do other available attractions to save time during day. I am worried about how much time Fairytale Hall and IASM would suck out of EMM and thought Little Mermaid might be too far out of the way to spend time walking to and from during EMM.

I'm quoting this part because it looks like the PPs did not realize you're doing the PAID EMM, not a regular EMH.

You definitely want to take part in the breakfast you've paid for, so please don't skip that. You should have no problem getting the things you want done during EMM and be in position for your rope drop choices.

I would change Astro Orbiter to right after Buzz and you may have to leave it off your plan even then. It's a very slow loading ride and the line builds very quickly. If the line is long by the time you get to it in the morning, you could wait and ride it as the last thing before you leave. You'll need to be in line before 6:00, but they'll still let you ride.

Once you use your Buzz FP, I would start looking to move the other two up which might give you a chance at Rapuzel for 4th, but if you can't get Rapunzel, HM would be the only one of the others you might need a FP to get it in. One other option, is to keep the Buzz for now, but if you don't need it, try to modify that one to Rapunzel. It will be early in the day, so that might work.

As for lunch and the parade, Casey's Corner will be the EASIEST if you want Main St viewing and is the closest to where you'll be beforehand.

Little Mermaid is not that far from 7DMT. If you want, ride Little Mermaid first, get it out of the way and then make your way to the front

I took some of the advice here and have moved things around. The plan is now to still send the thrill riders to Space Mountain at 9:00 and the non-thrill risers to Belle and then meet up for breakfast after, but I think we will focus on PPF, Pooh, and switching which parent waits for princesses with which parent is doing 7DMT during EMM. If we can get those four items done before 9, I think we can get most of the rest of the main drag of Fantasyland done by noon. Then we have a FP for Haunted Mansion and will head to Pecos Bill’s for lunch after. Watch the parade in Frontierland, and then do the Adventureland attractions after the parade before heading out, probably before 4. I was able to switch our FPs to Pirates and Jungle Cruise for this day. Then day 2, we will rope drop BTMR while the kiddo goes to Pirates League with grandma. Head to Fantasyland (via the RR?) after to meet Ariel and do Little Mermaid and Dumbo and then do Tomorrowland then. Everything should be done before our lunch at Crystal Palace and we can head out of the park nice and early. I was able to get our Buzz and TLS FPs moved to fit into this plan. We will definitely do Astro Orbiter as early as we can based on the advice here. I like that both days end pretty early and seem to flow across the park somewhat logically. Thanks for the help!

I did a quick read of your plan, Aggh I hope you can do all that. Soo many places and times to deal with I have a feeling the plan will fall apart around 10am. Sorry to say that but MK is never uncrowded anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter