• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Nomad Lounge have decent cocktails?

samsonjs

Mouseketeer
I love a great cocktail but I am super picky about ordering cocktails at restaurants. Usually, IMO, restaurants do a bad job with their cocktails because they taste more like juice than a cocktail.

What's your opinion on the quality of Nomad Lounge? It looks like we can sit and take a break with the kids there, is that true?

I love a great cocktail but I am super picky about ordering cocktails at restaurants. Usually, IMO, restaurants do a bad job with their cocktails because they taste more like juice than a cocktail.

What's your opinion on the quality of Nomad Lounge? It looks like we can sit and take a break with the kids there, is that true?
We go back to Nomad Lounge for the small plates & quality cocktails.

Nomad Lounge, in my recollection, serves some decent cocktails.

But the flavor-profile they are reaching for can include not only herbs and spices, but sweeteners (i.e., guava puree, tamarind syrup, etc.) that you nor I would be used to having regularly, so I'd be careful ordering if you are not comfortable experimenting with 'exotic flavors'.

But the flavor-profile they are reaching for can include not only herbs and spices, but sweeteners (i.e., guava puree, tamarind syrup, etc.) that you nor I would be used to having regularly, so I'd be careful ordering if you are not comfortable experimenting with 'exotic flavors'.

I agree- it's really great for ordering small plates and does have an extensive cocktail menu, but my husband and I weren't huge fans of them for that reason. Lots of spice and herbs. We ended up ordering beers after a test try.

I agree- it's really great for ordering small plates and does have an extensive cocktail menu, but my husband and I weren't huge fans of them for that reason. Lots of spice and herbs. We ended up ordering beers after a test try.
Test trying is often the best part of a (cocktail) menu...sampling.

I dream about their Hightower Rocks cocktail, its like a watermelon margarita, it is amazing. Its also a nice relaxed place to escape to after the madness of Pandora

Definitely prefer more interesting flavor profiles! My husband loves making cocktails at home so usually we only get cocktails at bars that would be too expensive or difficult to make at home.

Nomad has some of the best and most creative cocktails on property! We always see families there so you can totally bring your kids. Outdoor seating on the couches is really nice and relaxing.

The menu is pretty vast but I can make some recommendations. As a reference, I love cocktails that are not overly sweet, with more complex and unexpected flavors.

My favs are the Tempting Tigress (pretty much their twist on an old fashioned) and the Boto-Rita (guava mezcal margarita with some heat from the pink peppercorns). My husband loves the Spice Trader classic (gin drink with lots of fresh flavors and strawberry) and the Annapurna Zing (another gin drink with passion fruit and ginger beer). I would say they are all pretty strong, which is a plus!

I would stay away from the Leaping Lizard if you don’t like sweet/juice dominant drinks. Our server was really pushing this one the first time we went, and it was a sugar bomb. Made me feel sick from all the fruit juice, yuck.

Nomad has some of the best and most creative cocktails on property! We always see families there so you can totally bring your kids. Outdoor seating on the couches is really nice and relaxing.

The menu is pretty vast but I can make some recommendations. As a reference, I love cocktails that are not overly sweet, with more complex and unexpected flavors.

My favs are the Tempting Tigress (pretty much their twist on an old fashioned) and the Boto-Rita (guava mezcal margarita with some heat from the pink peppercorns). My husband loves the Spice Trader classic (gin drink with lots of fresh flavors and strawberry) and the Annapurna Zing (another gin drink with passion fruit and ginger beer). I would say they are all pretty strong, which is a plus!

I would stay away from the Leaping Lizard if you don’t like sweet/juice dominant drinks. Our server was really pushing this one the first time we went, and it was a sugar bomb. Made me feel sick from all the fruit juice, yuck.

Thank you for the recommendations! We will try these and stay away from the leaping lizard.

they have a very good list of cocktails as well as South African Beer and Wines. The cocktails offer a unique blend of spirits, spices and herbs.
Their small plates are very good as well.
Love sitting outside on the deck by the river.

Definitely prefer more interesting flavor profiles! My husband loves making cocktails at home so usually we only get cocktails at bars that would be too expensive or difficult to make at home.

We are the same! My husband is an excellent and adventurous home barkeep and we find most cocktails we get out are too sweet or poorly made. You might also check out AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk and Enzo's Hideaway at Disney Springs - both had proper cocktails and excellent bartenders.

Agreed - the Tempting Tigress and the Annapurna Zing are both delicious.

Does it have decent cocktails? No Does it have amazing cocktails? Yes

Seriously it is our favorite lounge on property. They have inventive and delicious cocktails that pretty much anyone can find something they like. My absolute favorite is the Annapurna Zing. Its gin and passionfruit and no trip to Disney is complete without 1 or 10 of them :-) I'm also a big fan of the Jenn's Tattoo (vodka & watermelon) and the Hightower Rocks (watermelon margarita). My husband likes the Tempting Tigress, which is bourbon based, I'm just not a big bourbon fan. They also offer some great non-alcoholic options that my daughter loves.

They also have some good small plates to share and you can order appetizers from the Tiffins menu too.

The prices have gone up a lot since they opened, but I've found that if they have something (like a light up ice cube) you can order it without to save a little money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter