• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does one week make a big difference?

MrsMama

Earning My Ears
We’re in the beginning stages of planning a trip for August 2018, and are debating between two weeks. We’re looking at approximate dates of 8/13-8/21 OR 8/19-8/27.

I know that later August generally has lighter crowds, but would there be a noticeable difference between one week or the other?

We have a little more flexibility with travel dates/length of stay with the first week, but would consider the later week if crowds would be noticeably lighter.

Thanks in advance!

We’re in the beginning stages of planning a trip for August 2018, and are debating between two weeks. We’re looking at approximate dates of 8/13-8/21 OR 8/19-8/27.

I know that later August generally has lighter crowds, but would there be a noticeable difference between one week or the other?

We have a little more flexibility with travel dates/length of stay with the first week, but would consider the later week if crowds would be noticeably lighter.

Thanks in advance!

Many school years begin in the latter part of August, so that can be a big factor in attendance.

I think that it would make a big difference. Lots of school in the country start back to school by that later week (or during that later week).

My family and I are heading down during 08/19-27 and we factored in schooling as a reason to drop into the Sunshine State. Like @Donalyn stated, with lots of schools back in session I can imagine that it will alleviate some of the crowding.

Thanks all. I’ll have to re-evaluate and look more closely at the later week. We’re hoping that lighter crowds might be a good counterweight to the August heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter