Does pop century have busses to HS or Epcot? or is the skyliner the only option?

Pre-Covid, they used to run buses to DHS and Epcot once per hour when the Skyliner was running. I'm not sure if that's still available with the limited capacity. But frankly even if it were still available once per hour, there is no way I would opt for that instead of the Skyliner seeing how chaotic the bus situation at Pop has been.

But frankly even if it were still available once per hour, there is no way I would opt for that instead of the Skyliner seeing how chaotic the bus situation at Pop has been.
Yeah but some of us have fears of heights (or of getting stuck!) that make the Skyliner not an option, so it's either buses or Lyft.

Yeah but some of us have fears of heights (or of getting stuck!) that make the Skyliner not an option, so it's either buses or Lyft.
If you're not going to use the Skyliner, I would suggest staying at a resort that is not on the Skyliner which would have regular buses to and from DHS and Epcot. IMO, none of the Skyliner resorts have any significant advantages/benefits otherwise that would warrant having to deal with infrequent buses or having to use Uber/Lyft to two of the four parks.

If you're not going to use the Skyliner, I would suggest staying at a resort that is not on the Skyliner which would have regular buses to and from DHS and Epcot. IMO, none of the Skyliner resorts have any significant advantages/benefits otherwise that would warrant having to deal with infrequent buses or having to use Uber/Lyft to two of the four parks.
Yes, but until the All Stars reopen, that means that the only resort under about $300/night is on the Skyliner.

Pre-Covid, they used to run buses to DHS and Epcot once per hour when the Skyliner was running. I'm not sure if that's still available with the limited capacity. But frankly even if it were still available once per hour, there is no way I would opt for that instead of the Skyliner seeing how chaotic the bus situation at Pop has been.

What's wrong with the bus situation at Pop?

POP does not offer bus service to Epco t or HS. The only transportation offered is the skyliner, unless weather issues or repairs. Then buses will run.
Skyliner or uber\lyft are currently your options.

Before the shut down Disney has the skyliner to those two parks and also ran every hour a bus to those parks.

POP does not offer bus service to Epco t or HS. The only transportation offered is the skyliner, unless weather issues or repairs. Then buses will run.

Before the shut down Disney has the skyliner to those two parks and also ran every hour a bus to those parks.

Oh, sure, I got that. I was just wondering if nkereina was referring to something else going on with the buses aside from them not running to EP and HS.

Staying at pop in Nov for Dapperday. I don't normally stay in value resorts but got a good rate. Needed to get resort for park reservations since we had other future reservation with our AP already. Do they have busses to mk? Because we could take the monorail to Epcot from there. Or catch a bus to HS from another station or boat via resort. Might take a little extra time but it's a possibility

POP has buses going to Magic Kingdom. As of today, the monorail to Epco t is not running. That may change by November.

If the resort is on the skyliner route, the same as POP. No buses are running.

You could take a bus to MK, walk or ride monorail to Contemporary to catch a bus to Epcot.

Staying at pop in Nov for Dapperday. I don't normally stay in value resorts but got a good rate. Needed to get resort for park reservations since we had other future reservation with our AP already. Do they have busses to mk? Because we could take the monorail to Epcot from there. Or catch a bus to HS from another station or boat via resort. Might take a little extra time but it's a possibility

Currently the monorail is not running to Epcot.

Since there is no parkhopping right now, I don't think they are running buses/ferries from park to park. If you don't want to take the skyliner, you'd either have to rent a car, rideshare service, or take a bus to MK and then go to one of the monorail resorts to pick up a bus to EP/HS.

Currently the monorail is not running to Epcot.

Since there is no parkhopping right now, I don't think they are running buses/ferries from park to park. If you don't want to take the skyliner, you'd either have to rent a car, rideshare service, or take a bus to MK and then go to one of the monorail resorts to pick up a bus to EP/HS.
Thanks yes i just realized i didn't see the monorail running when i was there 2 weeks ago. I usually rent a car and stay at a TS property nearby or exchange through rci or rent from owner for dvc. So i never pay parking. I use my car for outside Disney as well. Love the convenience of running to the store, dollar tree, outlets, restaraunt, etc. Also free parking with AP is easy and faster to get to and from parks. But i don't want to pay $15 to $20 a day extra for parking at resort on top of car rental. I'll have to run the numbers with rental or uber to see what's best. Thanks again

Yes, but until the All Stars reopen, that means that the only resort under about $300/night is on the Skyliner.
Right. My point was for anyone going during "normal" times or at least when more resorts re-open.

What's wrong with the bus situation at Pop?
My post was in response to a PP who did not want to ride the Skyliner. Pop only runs buses once per hour to DHS and Epcot, so its not to the most efficient way to get to and from those parks.

Unrelated and not what I was referring to, but I have read reports on the Pop thread that the bus situation for MK and AK from Pop has been poor. Because of social distancing and a limited number of people on the buses, the lines grow quite long pretty quickly at peak times. I'd imagine Pop is a busier resort at this point, being the only value resort open.

Right. My point was for anyone going during "normal" times or at least when more resorts re-open.

My post was in response to a PP who did not want to ride the Skyliner. Pop only runs buses once per hour to DHS and Epcot, so its not to the most efficient way to get to and from those parks.

Unrelated and not what I was referring to, but I have read reports on the Pop thread that the bus situation for MK and AK from Pop has been poor. Because of social distancing and a limited number of people on the buses, the lines grow quite long pretty quickly at peak times. I'd imagine Pop is a busier resort at this point, being the only value resort open.
Pop is actually not running buses to/from DHS or Epcot right now.

Oh my! I hear you. I felt the same way. No ski lifts or heights for me either. However, I tried the gondola and the ride was so smooth and easy. I am so glad I tried it. I did not sit on the floor either. (I have done so before going up the side of Mount Alyeska on an Adventures by Disney trip.) I am the one that sits and waits while others try things involving heights but I am a gondola fan. Maybe my age is helping me overcome. I don't know the depth of your fear. Maybe worth it to try or maybe there is no way for you. Have fun either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter