Does reducing the amount of people on a reservation count as a cancellation?

motor58

Mouseketeer
I have looked and looked and understand the cancellation terms, but if you made a reservation for 8 people but at the last minute 2 people decide not to go-does that count as canceling and we could be penalized?
thanks

I have looked and looked and understand the cancellation terms, but if you made a reservation for 8 people but at the last minute 2 people decide not to go-does that count as canceling and we could be penalized?
thanks
No.
I have had the same thing happen where people decide to bail at the last minute.
When you check in let the CM know 2 have not been able to join the group.

Thanks Geemo-that is what I thought but wasn't sure. Ah, the grey areas of dining reservations:rotfl2:

Summer of 2018 DW was unable to make our trip so it became a daddy/daughter trip. Whenever we checked in for an ADR I told them there was only 2 of us we were never charged.

I've never been charged for only part of my party showing up.

I might consider calling and letting them know, if you can ahead of time, as setting up for 6 instead of 8 could allow them to rearrange tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter