Does Santa put wrapped presents in the stockings at your house?

Are the stocking presents wrapped

• All (or almost all) are wrapped

• None (or very few) are wrapped

• It's pretty close to half and half

• other 'because there is ALWAYS an other'

Results are only viewable after voting.
No kids yet, but when they come we'll do stockings the way my family did-- nothing wrapped, nothing that cost over $5, and not allowed to open them until it gets light enough outside to see without turning on the lights. I loved waking up when it was still dark, feeling the crinkly mass with my toes, and imagining what the morning light would reveal. My parents loved getting to sleep in! ;)

The tradition we'll take from DH's side is opening one present on Christmas Eve. I never did that growing up but I'd guess it has the same effect of stalling the mad morning rush for the tree.

We wrap bigger merchandise like jewelry or cologne for stockings and then fill with unwrapped candy and gift cards. The last couple years I started putting one larger piece of paper over the top so you cant see anything till it's "unwrapped"! Santa would never dream of leaving anything unwrapped under the tree!

In our stockings, candy and small gifts like book marks, hair ties, etc. are unwrapped. But slighter bigger/more expensive gifts like CDs, jewelry, make-up, etc. is usually wrapped. So I said half and half ::yes::

Santa doesn't wrap anything in our family.

Here too. Santa's elves assemble all the toys in the workshop and everything is out ready to be played with when they wake up. That is part of the fun for us. They get wrapped gifts from us on Christmas.

We wrap the stuff in the stockings except for the candy.

It's just so much fun to open an unknown. It's awesome to see the look on the recipient's faces!

My mom used to do the same thing! I would always wake up around 2am. and feel that heavy lump on he end of my bed and know my stocking had arrived. I would be to excited to go back to sleep so I would open it all up and than go back to sleep until 6am or so.

I don't have that problem with my kids, two of them I am usually having to wake up.:rotfl2: I always watch them open their stocking.

Same here, my folks also put my stocking in my room and I would wake up around 1:00 or 2:00 am and be SO EXCITED to see that my stocking had been filled!! It was so hard to get back to sleep and would often be the longest night ever!!!

As for the OP's question. Yes, all stocking gifts are wrapped. Every single thing, no matter how small! I am 46 and that is how it was for me. I didn't realize that "Santa" didn't do that for everybody until I was an adult!!!

I wrap all of my boys stocking gifts.

When my boys were little, Santa brought three much wanted gifts. They were all assembled and unwrapped under the Tree. Now that they are 20 and 17, there is just one unwrapped gift under the tree and everything else is wrapped.

Love Christmas so much!!!

We do expensive gifts in stockings. It started because as a child my mom always had Christmas with her cousins who were very wealthy, but her family was not. Every Christmas they would have these huge overflowing stocking filled with things like diamond tennis bracelets, and she would have a half empty stocking with an apple, an orange, some nuts, and a candy cane. It just really bothered her all through her childhood, so when she grew up, she promised herself that her kids would always have the most awesome stockings she could come up with, with real presents inside. When we got older, we learned the story and how much having a stocking meant to her and started filling her stocking to make up for the ones she got as a child. The tradition just grew from there.

That is such a neat tradition! I love hearing about how everyone does Christmas differently.

My boyfriend spends christmas eve with his mom and step dad and all his step siblings. This is their big Christmas day and a lot of people come. Once they get a count of how many people are coming, everyone goes out and buys multiples of the same cheap/dollar store thing (so if there are 10 people, 10 of the same item). When we arrive we all take turns putting our gifts in all the stockings. We then each take turns opening the stockings, trying to guess who each gift is from. The first person guesses until they get one wrong and then it moves on to the next person. Who ever can accurately guess who all the gifts are from wins!

It's a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. We never wrap any of them because it would take FOREVER.

No kids yet, but when they come we'll do stockings the way my family did-- nothing wrapped, nothing that cost over $5, and not allowed to open them until it gets light enough outside to see without turning on the lights. I loved waking up when it was still dark, feeling the crinkly mass with my toes, and imagining what the morning light would reveal. My parents loved getting to sleep in! ;)

The tradition we'll take from DH's side is opening one present on Christmas Eve. I never did that growing up but I'd guess it has the same effect of stalling the mad morning rush for the tree.

We do that here, as well. It doesn't stall the mad morning rush, but the kids do get a new (already washed and ready to wear) pair of pjs to put on for bed. :cool1: Yes, I make them open pjs for their Christmas Eve gift.

Santa does NOT bring stocking stuffers in our house. Our stockings are only filled by St Nick (who came last night; kids got their surprises this morning). Santa only brings stuff for under the tree and those presents are wrapped.

I've never come across anyone wrap the presents in a stocking :o
If they're wrapped, what's the point of the stocking then? The stocking is the wrapping!

Even in the Christmas movies I can think of, when there's a cut-away to the stockings in the home or in the background, you always see gifts unwrapped hanging out the top :)

wow, I never knew santa ever wrapped stocking gifts!

growing up santa didn't wrap anything. we were allowed to open our stockings while my parents were sucking down coffee. lol. then we got to go to the living room where the tree and the rest of the presents were, all unwrapped and in piles for each child. They were also fully assembled and out of boxes/packaging so ready to go. when we got older, around 10 or 11 or so, santa started wrapping gifts, but never stockings.

dh and I have done the same with our kids. he only just started wrapping 2 years ago (kids are now 11/9/9. Prior to that the gifts under the tree were all taken out of their packaging/assembled if need be and ready to be played with. I loved how that worked out so we weren't trying to set things up Christmas morning, or take off a million twist ties, etc. Now that the kids are older and less assembly is required, its nice to have things wrapped. but again, never thought of stocking gifts as being wrapped...to me the stocking was the wrapping! :)

I voted other. We usually have a couple of small wrapped things in the stockings, but the candy, shower gel, etc are not wrapped.

Wrapped and with special Santa paper and tags ever since my DD was 2 yo.
She noticed that Santa had the same paper that we did. :)

In my house growing up Santa always left stockings unwrapped along with usually 1 item (usually something small) unwrapped on top of each pile of presents. The paper was always different and something completely different then what was under the tree. Nothing from Santa was ever labeled.

The one item left unwrapped on each pile gave away whose pile belonged to who.

This will be DD's first visit from Santa.

We do that here, as well. It doesn't stall the mad morning rush, but the kids do get a new (already washed and ready to wear) pair of pjs to put on for bed. :cool1: Yes, I make them open pjs for their Christmas Eve gift.

We do the same thing one present the night before that is pajamas, plus one present to the whole family like a Christmas movie or board game to be played or watched together that night.

It's neat to read everyone's different traditions!

In our house, the items in the stocking are unwrapped.

However, the presents that Santa brings are unwrapped as well!

Santa attractively arranges & displays the presents he brings in 3 different "groupings" in our family room near our Christmas tree - 1 display for our DD, 1 display for our older DS, & 1 display for our younger DS.

He also usually leaves a family game and/or movie beside his empty plate of cookies.

The wrapped presents under the tree are presents to & from each other - presents from us to the kids, to each other, from the kids to us & to each other, etc. (Also, there are presents under the tree to other family members too! ;) )

On Christmas morning, after we've gathered in the family room & have some Christmas music playing, the kids will go through their Santa gifts, then we'll unwrap our presents, & then we normally finish w/ the stockings.

This is the way Santa did gifts when both I & DH were growing up. It's funny... DH & I have commented before how we both had similar traditions growing up, so there wasn't a lot of "discussion" about how we'd do things w/ our own family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter